Quantcast

The Gathering - Claw's winning run

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
ryan/kona29 said:
sweet man. the comp was sick, that dude with the kona and yellow deemax rims was my favorite. you should post the rest of you filming(i know you have more:angry: )

I am pretty sure the yellow demax guy was Paul Bassagotia. I have a little more video, that I will post soon.

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
I know beyond-a-shadow-of-a-doubt that it was Paul. It wasn't too hard to figure out since the announcer annouced his name and his Kona and Race Face sponsors before both of his runs.

Check out his sic 720 in NWD6. That guy is off the charts. Totally insane.

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
Netguy said:
I am pretty sure the yellow demax guy was Paul Bassagotia. I have a little more video, that I will post soon.
Ash, did take any pictures? I saw you there but didn't get around to saying hi. I was pretty cool to Paul and Berrclothe after seeing them in all the NWD videos.

carbuncle

Monkey
Dec 2, 2004
Edmonds, WA
Was it just me, or was there a little pro practice session rivalry going on Between McCaul and Basagotia? McCaul pulls the first backflip off the tower and bails the second double, then Bas rips the same move right after and does a nearly complete run, and it was on. The two of them threw down so hard in the practice that they looked tired during the comp runs and their finals suffered (and McCaul suffered badly on his botched first run drop in). Then Bearclaw, who laid waaaaay back in practice, taking only three short runs, pulls out a 360 off the drop in for his first run but botches the step up to the platform in his first run, and the second was pure mastery. Few spectators even stayed to hear the finals because it was so clear who had won. Tonight should be off the hook.

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
carbuncle said:
Was it just me, or was there a little pro practice session rivalry going on Between McCaul and Basagotia? McCaul pulls the first backflip off the tower and bails the second double, then Bas rips the same move right after and does a nearly complete run, and it was on. The two of them threw down so hard in the practice that they looked tired during the comp runs and their finals suffered (and McCaul suffered badly on his botched first run drop in). Then Bearclaw, who laid waaaaay back in practice, taking only three short runs, pulls out a 360 off the drop in for his first run but botches the step up to the platform in his first run, and the second was pure mastery. Few spectators even stayed to hear the finals because it was so clear who had won. Tonight should be off the hook.
Agree on Bearclaw. He was very laid back in practise, not really showing anybody what he was going to do. I dont think he completed a full run in the practise session....and then bam....second run in the finals, just layed out the killer run. I dont think anybody can put together 360's and seat grabs in succession, better than him.

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
Big B said:
Ash, did take any pictures? I saw you there but didn't get around to saying hi. I was pretty cool to Paul and Berrclothe after seeing them in all the NWD videos.

Yo,

Took a few pics, but mostly video.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Ya I went out and got some more vodka and when I came back I could not belive what was going down, back flips and barrel role transfers on the step down, 360's everywere I tought it was the finals, I think Mccaul was barelll rolling the step down and Paul B. was doing a strait backfilp. I think Mccaul should have placed 1st or second but maybe he did tire himself out in pracitce then crashed in the finals. B. Claw was like a robot or somthin, Ash called his final run exactly :).

Feb 25, 2005
seattle, wa
I wasn't actually there and I don't want to buzz kill a freakin' awesome event, but while watching B Claw's vid, it seems to me that he was doing an awefull lot of pedalin'. Was that the same with the other jumpers as well?

Feb 25, 2005
seattle, wa
That's good, it just seemed like he was out of gas by the end of his run, and the last thing a dirt jumper wants to do is wind sprints to train for a comp.
Looked like a good time was had by all.
This comp is just the kick in the pants the whole civilized world needs.