Quantcast

The Gathering - who picked the uber lame live bands?

lucky13

Chimp
Jun 3, 2005
Seattle, WA
First night - No major complaints, in fact I kinda liked the Panda group. The wannabe lincoln park/every "hard" alternative band out there one could stay home next time.

Second night - Bloody hell, what were you thinking? I'm embarassed that I even invited friends and family (hello? Children?) to that event and have had to appologize profusely for such a terrible live performing band.

Seriously, does anyone really listen to death metal anymore? Why were we forced to?

I simply left before the pro semi-finals. I don't care how big they can go, I couldn't subject myself to that for another minute.

Way to go on a craptastic music (?) pick.

Gunner

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Framingham, MA
You weren't the only one that wanted to shove the microphone down the lead singer's throat on Sat night. I felt awful cause I told my gfriend to sit up top during the comp while I filmed...not knowing that some god awful death metal wannabe band would be 'rockin out' 5 feet away from her.

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
Agreed!!!

Friday was good.

Saturday nights band was just plain horrible. Everybody there that I talked to seemed to feel the same way.

scbiker06

Chimp
Sep 6, 2005
Washington
hahahaha like everyone was laughing when the first band played... cause he was like check check CHEEEECCCCKKK! like screming.. hahaha it was hillarious

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
hmm i got some pals who got a new band, they're pretty damn good too. Sorry GHY guys i didn't know you guys were doing the live music thing...

BIGHIT756

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Maple Valley, Washington
ya the second night...that band was horrible. it totally ruined it...my girlfriend came with me, and i didnt know that something that ****ty was gonna be played like 10 feet behind us up on top of the deck. were they even singing, or was he seriously just yelling noises...thats what it sounded like. I like how after every song, he said "thank you" before any one even started clapping...and only after he said that did anyone clap, cuz everyone was actually laughing at them.

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
I didn't make it down :( unfortunately (sorry AJ and the crew) but I guess I'm just a bit ticked off that everyone can complain about stuff like this. Yeah alright, band might not have been the first choice. However look at it from a different light would ya? Rather then getting on RM, posting that they had lame live bands, asking who picked them, etc. how about just firing off an email or phone call and comment in a nice way, hey guys, next time maybe consider a different band because _______. Be polite about it.

From what I have heard the event went off pretty kick ass, props GHY crew!

carbuncle

Monkey
Dec 2, 2004
Edmonds, WA
First night I liked the band with the saxomophones, they were pleasantly interesting. Second night I cut out early because my ears couldn't take it. It was like I was back at the Jam Box practicing on Saturday night...oi.

lucky13

Chimp
Jun 3, 2005
Seattle, WA
Alright, I'll go to the GHY website and email them about it. At least I'm not the only one here who were offended by it. I've found that the Skatebarn in general is lacking in the basics (restroom, concessions, etc) but they have pretty sweet ramps.

I don't think I'll be volunteering for gathering next year.

Joel

huckerAJ

Monkey
Aug 8, 2002
It wouldnt be the monkey without some bitchin....the event was sick I had the time of my life...even while I was headbangin!!!!!

Thanks Pluto...PEACE

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
AJ- You guys rocked. I didnt see the 2nd night but wished i would have so i could throw the metal fist up for support.

Maybe next year you should book some Creed cover band so the crowd will feel safe and secure... wait, someone will still complain.

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
I was not into the music but I was there to watch the riding. I am far from being good enough to ride at a contest in skatebarn but I enjoy funky hiphop/jam bands when riding. Nothing sleepy but easy on the ears.

I had a blast and was just happy to be watching what I was watching. Thanks GHY

lucky13 said:
Alright, I'll go to the GHY website and email them about it. At least I'm not the only one here who were offended by it. I've found that the Skatebarn in general is lacking in the basics (restroom, concessions, etc) but they have pretty sweet ramps.

I don't think I'll be volunteering for gathering next year.

Joel

Alot of people like the band. Next time go else where, support the idea, just cuase you like Hanson doesnt mean the whole world does. Relax and enjoy the event, while others have fun.

And as far as the comment "I don't think I'll be volunteering for gathering next year." ,
so just cuase you dont like one band you hold it against GHy? Thats weird, you sound to anal to ride :p

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
i didnt have any problems with the bands either night. I mean its a park competition. gotta have some music that pumps you up to go nuts.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
I did not like the band but I was not afended. What kind of bands do you know that will show up with all there gear and play for free?

Also what was so horrable about them that familiys and kids should be scared away? I could not even understand the words. Oh no cant let little Jonny hear someone sceaming and playing fast metal gutar. No matter what kind of music you play its going to affend someone, unless you play elevator music.

I was to involved with the sick riding that was going down to pay attion the the music anyway, if I was going to complain it would be about the fact that there was no music at all for long perionds of time.

The event was great, I loved the 4 person session type set up they had this year, seamed to stoke up there riders and alowed them time to rest so they could set up for better lines.

lucky13

Chimp
Jun 3, 2005
Seattle, WA
You obviously don't get it. Way to promote cycling, I mean BMX on big bikes.

Yes bib I hold it against this particular sect of cycling. The hick, smoking, degenerate side of cycling aka wannabe bmx'ers. If that makes me elietist and anal then I carry the title with dignity, something you don't know anything about.

lucky13 said:

Yes bib I hold it against this particular sect of cycling. The hick, smoking, degenerate side of cycling aka wannabe bmx'ers. If that makes me elietist and anal then I carry the title with dignity, something you don't know anything about.

youre right, I dont know anything about being anal or an "elietst" becuase I like all types of people and music and riding styles....except whinners...they bug me. wow, poor me...

BIGHIT756

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Maple Valley, Washington
ya, for the record, im not bitching about anything!!!! i didnt like the band, but it doesnt matter. not everyone likes one thing. The riding was sick, the event was sick, so what does it matter...thanks GHY!!

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
BIGHIT756 said:
ya, for the record, im not bitching about anything!!!! i didnt like the band, but it doesnt matter. not everyone likes one thing. The riding was sick, the event was sick, so what does it matter...thanks GHY!!

i am gona kill your family/choke a bitch/piss=jesse!:blah:

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
lucky13 said:

Wait. I'm lost. Are you joking with Bibs or are you for real about the "Way to promote cycling, I mean BMX on big bikes. " and "The hick, smoking, degenerate side of cycling aka wannabe bmx'ers." thing?

BIGHIT756

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Maple Valley, Washington

are you kidding all of us?

fattyfat1

Monkey
Mar 22, 2005
Kelso, WA
lucky13 said:

wow! amazing how your post, not your avatar makes me want to find you and hit you as hard as i can!:mad:

jodysbike said:
Wait. I'm lost. Are you joking with Bibs or are you for real about the "Way to promote cycling, I mean BMX on big bikes. " and "The hick, smoking, degenerate side of cycling aka wannabe bmx'ers." thing?

No, He /she is seriousl, Im not joking with him....

and by he/she, I didnt mean that as a slam, Its the internet and I have not seen you to face to face, so I am not sure.

britinmtb

Chimp
Apr 7, 2005
kent
i feel that this lucky thirtheen is a track cyclist aka spandex wearing fixed gear only ride on road type of comuter. they dont call it freeriding for nothing. you cant put limits on something that does not have a fixed definition. we were there to have fun drink some beers and show no talanted screw ups like you up. bibs he/ she the type of person who watches a movie and says he can do it but why because she is to good to do the trick. oppps sorry he/she
cheers

Universe

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Courtenay, BC
lucky13 said:

Please enjoy this complimentary bag of dicks.

Laughter

Chimp
Sep 20, 2005
Northwest
lucky13 said:

I love you... I don't know you, but you rule. Are you related to George W? He told me BMXers are terrorists as well, out to steal our oil!!! You work at supergo, don't you? :love:

P.S. - Metal rules!

Jun 18, 2004
I know this is a little off the subject, but...

Metal is comming back... as MetalCore, Screamo etc. (not NuMetal)...

what about Living Sacrifice, you've heard them havn't you Joel?... I say bring back the Metal!; it's gonna happen anyway.

ps I wasn't at the contest... I just have liked Metal ever since I heard Black Sabbath for the first time...

lucky13

Chimp
Jun 3, 2005
Seattle, WA
You guys are funny. Seriously, are you all really as hick as I think you are? w h i t e t r a s h isn't anything to be proud of.

Whatever. I guess all of your incorrect boxxes you try to put me in are as narrowminded as how I see you. So for that I'm sorry, but it really is how things were presented.

lol,.. for the record:

Politics: none aka independant - Leftys and Righties suck ass.

Roadie or messenger elitist: neither - my bar beater isn't the fastest and it isn't fixxed.

Freeride or wannabe bmx: Freeride, if it doesn't have gears and a front brake,.. I don't want to ride it. Now if it's 20",.. that's legitimate (unlike you bastards). I may not try it, but I love to watch it. Just not to death metal.

Male or Female: All Man right here. For the hick that wanted to hit me, try emailing me and schedule an appointment for your face removal. If you'd rather ride, we can do that too.

Mike: I used to listen to some Zao and still do occasionally,.. but there are so many other kinds of music out there. I certainly won't be forcing my kids to listen to metal till I think they are ready for it. It'll be more of a music education thing,.. I'd rather start them on punk, jazz, and blues for the history of it. Metal just seems so ,.. I don't know,. dead end?

And for all the other cowards that can't bring themselves to defend their point of veiw without a fake profile, that's cool. I know you are fake. Everyone else that knows me, knows that I'm not full of **** and that I've done my time for cycling in the NW. My opinion DOES matter. So seriously, for the love of all things pure: no metal next year eh?

Joel Moreland

p.s. bib? I think I've met you in person and if not I look forward to it. No hard feelings, just trying to point out a socially akward music selection. The riding and organization was spot on.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
LOL lucky 13, you talk about narrow minded, YOU are the one that is narrow mined enough to post how you hate a certain type of music and how mnt bikes have to have gears and brakes to be "legit".

Its funny that you would be ok with a punk band playing with your familiy there but metal is just to offensive for you. Your opinion might matter but sorry you dont get to decide what bands play at the gathering or not.

Why are you so angry anyway, you dont sound like a person that wants to become a pastor.