Quantcast

the gathering

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
on jan. 22nd or around there theres going to be a dirt jump contest in the seattle area. its called The Gathering. anyways theres going to be a street/ ramp contest the next day too at the skate barn.

i found the info at www.gohuckyourself.com

and i am not sure the dates and times, so check out the site. peace :cool:

V-Dub

Chimp
Aug 31, 2004
Salt Lake City, Utah
Check out www.nsmb.com for some pics and a short article. The contests were both cool, dirt jumps were pretty difficult. Good times. Chris Van Dine had what I think was the trick of the weekend. It's been called the "Dine" er Roll by a couple of folks. Some sort of barrel roll thing. Pretty crazy...

May 9, 2003
Burien at Crappiss' House
Yeah, those jumps looked a little hard to me too, but you didn't seem to have any real trouble tricking on them, Mr. Third Place, "I'm in the Money" Williams!

Thanks for the good feedback and support Von, you and the other Pro's made it a special weekend for everyone. Nobody was dissappointed by you guys or your performances. I was also blown away by how strong the Amateur riders were as well, very confident, good tricks, and lots of style. I think a lot of those kids stepped it up big time due to being out there with you guys.

Next year, we'll be looking at all areas for opportunities for improvement. We plan to have both an am jump line as well as a Pro only line, and even that one will certainly differ in small ways. Slightly shorter from tip to tip, maybe make the wall at the end curvy-er, too. How does everyone feel about tricking on a dirt spine? That was brought up as another possible variation on the end of the run.....

Great weekend, we'll never forget it! Thanks to everyone who showed up to ride or watch or help us with The Gathering!

PS- Check out Match and Modest, as well as 403 media, for more post Gathering Information and whatnot. Results are posted online at gohuckyourself.com

V-Dub

Chimp
Aug 31, 2004
Salt Lake City, Utah
I wouldn't have been able to ride if we had finals though. Most people didnt see, but my air in the vert turned out to be an ankle destroyer. I am still limping around. Luckily I have steel plates/pins in there to keep my bones together.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
ouch v-dub.

i was impressed with the guy who was trying 720's on dirt, and going for broke in the park contest

those two contests were kick ass times

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
©2001 said:
V-DUB slayed it. i'm so glad the rumors about you not riding park contest were false...truckdrivin' master!

give us a little taste, please.

anyone know where some pics are?

i would have liked to seen this shawn! :cool: :thumb: