Quantcast

The Hardtail 'Frames and Geometry' thread

Burnzy992

Chimp
Jan 16, 2009
My mates dmr transition, he asked me to post it for him. (due to no internet)
I love the frame geometry... Dont know it the exactly though.
One of the best bikes I've seen/riden.

Frame: Dmr transition
Weight
2.9Kg

Forks: Dmr Trail blades
20 mm i think.

Mar 17, 2009
Sac town!
Ok I just want to make sure on this

When you guys say run the rear slammed going off of bucko W's post he said 14.8 inches, where is that measurement taken from? And whats the advantage of running it slammed over not?

Thanks!

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Ok I just want to make sure on this

When you guys say run the rear slammed going off of bucko W's post he said 14.8 inches, where is that measurement taken from? And whats the advantage of running it slammed over not?

Thanks!
It is measured from center of the axle to center of the bb. Mine is not slammed. The advantage of slammed is no need for a tensioner on normal style horizontal dropouts.

Paulyd

Monkey
May 15, 2007
Great White North.
you guys are talking about frame angle, so i'll join in. hopefully you can give me a good recommendation. although yes i do ride more park, trails and dirt than trails, but i was looking at an aluminum frame with a head angle slightly steeper than an stp. i was thinking a banshee amp. i dont know why i dont want a cromo frame, but i was thinking either a black market mob, or a eastern black betty if anything. i want to have the ability to build up a light trail/fr hardtail, while still being able to run ss for street and such.

tonka

Chimp
May 3, 2008
gilroyy
i've been debatin for about a year on whether or not to buy the dmr transition frame. The 09 is way to clean, but just recently i found a versus jab brand new on ebay for $260 but they dont have weight or specs on the website. BNut you also cant beat that price.. what do you guys think

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
i've been debatin for about a year on whether or not to buy the dmr transition frame. The 09 is way to clean, but just recently i found a versus jab brand new on ebay for $260 but they dont have weight or specs on the website. BNut you also cant beat that price.. what do you guys think
http://www.versuscycles.com/jab_detail.html
Looks pretty sweet. 15.25" chainstay, nice long top tube, good BB height.

26/12 with 40 links in the chain works out to 15.21" you could have that sucker super-slammed.

Last edited:

Paulyd

Monkey
May 15, 2007
Great White North.
somebody help me! so looking to buy a new frame, considering both alu and steel, here are my options so far:
Trek Ticket
SC Jackal(09)
Banshee Amp
NS Suburban/Ticket

I'm looking at a frame to have at least some of these propeties:
over 69 head angle.
shorter than 16 stays
12.6 or higher bb
short wheelbase

im also considering other frames, and if it aluminum, i'd rather it not be hydroformed, but have straight tubing like the jackal, or the ticket.

this is going to be used for street, park and dj.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
I love my NS Majesty. 15.0" stays. BB is a tad lower, but I have a rigid fork, so it would be just right with suspension. Wheelbase is not real short, but it feels perfect to me.
4.9 lbs for a steel frame is really good too.
Check out the new Tonic Fab Howie, that should be on your list for sure.