Quantcast

The Hive 15G cranks + E13?

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
I'm looking at the 15G cranks from The Hive for my trail bike. They use larger than normal BB cups. Have you guys fit an XCX with these cranks yet? Will they crush the stock boomerang like I suspect?

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
Hey Sparky,
In short, I didn't have issues fitting an LG1+ or SRS+ up with the Fifteen.G. I think the granny ring tabs might need to go if you're getting the double ring version (single ring version should be dialled), but other than that I believe it will work. They're a pretty sweet set of cranks...our shipping guy got a pair to replace his stock ones on his AM bike a bit ago. He's running a (new) Heim2 setup I believe...no issues so far and installation is simple (both cranks and guide).

I'll see if I can get some more definite info on the XCX.

Cheers,
philip @ e*thirteen

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
The fact that the BB cups didn't crash into the ISCG plate before full tight is enough for me to confident they'll work with the XCX. I got hesitant because a friend of mine had to file his gamut down significantly to make the cups clear. Thanks Phil. I'd be going with the singlespeed set BTW.

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
The fact that the BB cups didn't crash into the ISCG plate before full tight is enough for me to confident they'll work with the XCX. I got hesitant because a friend of mine had to file his gamut down significantly to make the cups clear. Thanks Phil. I'd be going with the singlespeed set BTW.
The XCX should be fine with the FifteenG singlespeed cranks. I'm definitely a fan of the non-press fit interface.

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
i couldn't fit them on my Commencal 4x ht with an lg1+ iscg old. With the xcx bb mount it fits but i am running single ring and need a bottom guide.
What part of the guide doesn't fit? Which model year? Do you know the size of the BB shell?

I had no issues fitting everything with a 68mm shell...I'll see what I can whip up for a 73mm, but I don't forsee any major problems.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
What part of the guide doesn't fit? Which model year? Do you know the size of the BB shell?

I had no issues fitting everything with a 68mm shell...I'll see what I can whip up for a 73mm, but I don't forsee any major problems.
the BB is 68mm. the guide needs to be spaced out and the Hive BB is to big to fit the LG-1+ 09/10 ISCG OLD back plate

Last edited:

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
Thanks to Philip and the guys at E*Thirteen for sending me the parts i needed inorder to put the 15g cranks on my Commencal. One of the many reasons i have stayed with E*Thirteen since 2004.