Quantcast

The Holy Grail of Tools...

Oct 14, 2007
I'm a nut for tools, and I found a way to purchase the legendary lockness monster of tools....the fox bushing instal/removal tool...ya that one...its virtually the price of a double barrel...the problem is, the distributor that i selling me the tool don't sell bushing for fox forks...so i'm a rut....here in canada i can only order specific things from QBP without coming into contact with a rights reserved violation law prohibiting us to purchase similar components and or tools....do you know of anywhere else i could purchase them???

I checked on chainreactions, but they are only offering it as a service..i can't seem to purchase it from them:plthumbsdown:

Jonny5

Monkey
Feb 13, 2007
surely you could make one of the tools..

Just a bigger disc on the end. As for bushings, head to the beaing shop and see if there is something similar..

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
and here I thought this was gonna be another thread about the incompetence of the Bush administration...

-ska todd

Apr 22, 2008
Rotorua, NZ
Big Al with Blue Shark Distributers in New Zealand has everything you need for fox stuff, 64 3 443 8414. At the very least will guide you in the right direction.
Good Luck.

Oct 14, 2007
Big Al with Blue Shark Distributers in New Zealand has everything you need for fox stuff, 64 3 443 8414. At the very least will guide you in the right direction.
Good Luck.
As much as I would love to call, in this day in age email saves me alot more money and facilitates everyting

if you would have his email I would greatly appreciate...Can-Australia is quite a shinny penny

cheers

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
The Holy Grail of tools is THIS:

...and Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying,
'O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that, with it,
Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits in Thy mercy.'

and the Lord did grin,
and the people did feast upon the lambs
and sloths and carp and anchovies and
orangutans and breakfast cereals and
fruit bats and large chu--

The Book of Armaments Chapter 1, verses 9 through 27

Yeti

Monkey
May 17, 2005
yeti cave@the beach
Now thats a money making tool right there. Lowers your overhead, you can ALWAYS have the right spoke. What can I say, its nice to be able to stock one box of 400 mm spokes and be able to cut whatever you need.
Here in Zürich as far as I know only one shop has it. Used it once (for free!) and it was really awesome. Set it up for the right length (think it's up to 0.1mm accurate) and spin the handle. You still have to stock several spoke lengths since it can only roll the thread on the thick part of the spoke.

Oct 14, 2007
Here in Zürich as far as I know only one shop has it. Used it once (for free!) and it was really awesome. Set it up for the right length (think it's up to 0.1mm accurate) and spin the handle. You still have to stock several spoke lengths since it can only roll the thread on the thick part of the spoke.
you have to keep 3 lengths when cutting competition spokes (double butted) since you dont want to cut into the bud

but in terms of straight gauge, yes ind deed you buy 1 length...in terms
of alpine you just need 2, since only MTB wheels will want to buy and 24" wheels will suit
after a while you get pretty good at knowing lengths

the biggest downfall is that in my shack, its very humid and the tool seems to be made of pure steel

meaning the top surface often surface rust whichs SUCKS BALLS

you would expect such a thing out of such an expensive product...but hey...that's just a small price to pay

Tweety

Chimp
May 30, 2007
I'm a nut for tools, and I found a way to purchase the legendary lockness monster of tools....the fox bushing instal/removal tool...ya that one...its virtually the price of a double barrel...the problem is, the distributor that i selling me the tool don't sell bushing for fox forks...so i'm a rut....here in canada i can only order specific things from QBP without coming into contact with a rights reserved violation law prohibiting us to purchase similar components and or tools....do you know of anywhere else i could purchase them???

I checked on chainreactions, but they are only offering it as a service..i can't seem to purchase it from them:plthumbsdown:
Can you post a picture of that little jewel??

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Yeah yeah, I was refering more to just straight steel spokes. Which is what we here have the biggest demand for when we buid our wheels. We keep about 500 400mm stainless spokes, and about 500 400MM black spokes and cut them as we need. We have alot of other spoke sin stokc IE Mavic Ksyriam spokes, Bladed spokes, ETC..