slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

:disgust:
NYT did an exposé on this in Feb:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Disheartening to see these headlines in north america let alone an impoverished nation elswhere, but it seems corporate greed and politics knows no bounds. I have to give those kids credit tho for forging ahead and making something for themselves on their own and at such a young age. pales in comparison to drive and entitlement of american kids of the same age. Seems to be a tough topic to address and even more difficult to find and correct the catalyst.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
maybe I'm being naive, but I don't think it's too much to expect corporations to follow the rules that are already in place. doesn't matter where the kids are from, hiring kids to do work is illegal and unethical.
<Midwestern states have entered the chat>

gonefirefightin

free wieners
maybe I'm being naive, but I don't think it's too much to expect corporations to follow the rules that are already in place. doesn't matter where the kids are from, hiring kids to do work is illegal and unethical.
When has any corporation ever done the right or ethical thing, or even expected to do so. Unfortunately it will take legislation to change the outcome of this articles dilemmas and we all know how long that will take.