Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
LOL, good

who cares

fuck'em

I've been eating Pop Tarts for the majority of my lifetime. Never once have I had the impression I was eating actual fruit or felt the need to complain about the need for actual fruit.

What next, take the Cap'N to mast for lack of actual crunch berries in his crunch berries? :rofl:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I've been eating Pop Tarts for the majority of my lifetime. Never once have I had the impression I was eating actual fruit or felt the need to complain about the need for actual fruit.

What next, take the Cap'N to mast for lack of actual crunch berries in his crunch berries? :rofl:
......now that you mention it, I've never actually seen any naval credentials...I got an idea

But caping for giant corporations that make trash food, really, who cares. If someone can take some money out of that faceless, nameless quarterly return monster, without buying stocks, good for them. And really, if it says a fruit it should have that fruit. Every other trash food knows to say "real strawberry flavor'. I wouldn't do it either but going after kelloggs will never draw empathy from me.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
More signs of a failing society.

”A flight attendant for American Airlines suffered broken bones in her face and had to be hospitalized after a passenger allegedly attacked her Wednesday in an incident the company’s chief executive called “one of the worst displays of unruly behavior we’ve ever witnessed.”
The incident occurred on a flight from New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport to John Wayne Airport in Orange County, Calif. It prompted the pilots to divert the flight to Denver, where the passenger was detained.
The flight attendant apparently bumped the passenger while moving through the first-class cabin, according to Julie Hedrick, president of the Association of Professional Flight Attendants, which represents those who fly for American Airlines. The flight attendant apologized, but the passenger left his seat, confronted her as she stood in the aircraft’s galley, then punched her in the face, Hedrick said.
[Unruly passengers are straining the system for keeping passengers safe in the sky]
Hedrick said the flight attendant was taken to a hospital for treatment of broken bones in her face. She was later released.
The incident echoed one from earlier this year in which a Southwest Airlines flight attendant lost several teeth after a passenger allegedly punched her in the face. The attacks come on the heels of an increase in incidents in which passengers have shouted obscenities, pushed and shoved flight attendants, harassed other passengers or even attempted to open the cockpit door”

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke

Fuck this guy.
I can appreciate your point but he is ‘helping’ — stopping corporations lying to you — doing work that your CPA and FDA should be doing, and finding a way to get paid doing it. For more complete protection, your government agencies should be well funded and supported.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
God dammit

I fucking hate agreeing with changleen

;)

Not but seriously, fuck corporate junk food companies. Seriously. Cry me a river. It just sucks that ambulance chasers are the only way in this country to deal with it but hey, it's the water we swim in. Polluted as it may be.

I'm old enough to remember the same shit being said about the lady who burned the skin off her thighs from mcdonald's coffee. Turned out she had a very VERY good reason so sue, and got very little of the money from the settlement. THIRD DEGREE FUCKING BURNS and our so called media was twisting themselves in knots to obfuscate facts and point a finger at her. Because republicans wanted tort reform laws revoked so that could continue to fatten their asshole industry buds. It's propaganda.

I take this stuff as seriously a school board meetings about cancel culture and critical race theory. It's all manufactured outrage.

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
God dammit

;)

Not but seriously, fuck corporate junk food companies. Seriously. Cry me a river. It just sucks that ambulance chasers are the only way in this country to deal with it but hey, it's the water we swim in. Polluted as it may be.

I'm old enough to remember the same shit being said about the lady who burned the skin off her thighs from mcdonald's coffee. Turned out she had a very VERY good reason so sue, and got very little of the money from the settlement. THIRD DEGREE FUCKING BURNS and our so called media was twisting themselves in knots to obfuscate facts and point a finger at her. Because republicans wanted tort reform laws revoked so that could continue to fatten their asshole industry buds. It's propaganda.

I take this stuff as seriously a school board meetings about cancel culture and critical race theory. It's all manufactured outrage.
Yeah, almost anyone who speaks about that case has never looked into the details, they are just spouting the propaganda line. In court, McDonald's played stupid and claimed they had never heard of the issue before and had no information, then it was revealed that they had settled many cases before for the exact same thing. In addition to other aspects of the case, temperature above industry norms and so on, they got caught lying, while someone had permanent disfiguration. And the court didn't find McDonald's solely liable, they found the lady partial liable too, for spilling it.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Power punches down. It depends on it.

So if someone can get a publicly traded junk food company to more accurately label their shit, it's not the job of non-shareholders to come to their fucking rescue. That's like a serious mental disability in action. And I don't trust a god damn thing coming out of our useless 'media'

meantopower.JPG

"won't someone think of the value to shareholders!!"

LOL. No.

Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I can appreciate your point but he is ‘helping’ — stopping corporations lying to you — doing work that your CPA and FDA should be doing, and finding a way to get paid doing it. For more complete protection, your government agencies should be well funded and supported.
Over 400 lawsuits. Seems excessive (frivolous), but I'm no expert.

I don't enjoy my Pop Tarts due to a false sense of fruit. And only the frosted one. Unfrosted Pop Tarts are just wrong

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
God dammit

;)

I remember that coffee mess, homegirl was messed up.

But seriously, if you are eating Pop Tarts thinking it's a healthy breakfast, a lawsuit isn't going to fix you.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
if you are eating Pop Tarts thinking it's a healthy breakfast,
But you're making assumptions that are likely just complete fiction for a premise.

You really think that lawyer believes that? I don't.

The point of the media coverage on this stuff is designed to make the reader go "haha, look at the annoying dumbass" while dismissing the actual premise in order to take the side of a very stable, very capable capitalist entity. Everyone knows pop tarts are garbage, but that's not basis for the case. I don't think for a second anyone involved believes pop tarts are healthy. But there's kind of a point there that if it says "a fruit" it should contain that fruit. It's kelloggs for cryin outloud, built by a guy who thought holding in orgasms was worth creating his own cult camp :rofl:

Think of it as a justified redistribution of wealth that our gov't is incapable of. Education and poverty go hand in hand. So if this better informs a poor person without our perspectives from thinking they're getting something that at least at one point, was a food, then more power to them. But it sure as hell isn't because anyone currently thinks the lie that kelloggs is putting on their boxes is accurate. In fact knowing it's not is why they're suing.

This isn't 'Mr Kellogg' they're going after, or his descendants. It's corporation made up of entirely financially comfy greed factories. Because they're misrepresenting something for money. It has nothing to do with believing that shit is healthy.

Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
But you're making assumptions that are likely just complete fiction for a premise.

You really think that lawyer believes that? I don't.

The point of the media coverage on this stuff is designed to make the reader go "haha, look at the annoying dumbass" while dismissing the actual premise in order to take the side of a very stable, very capable capitalist entity. Everyone knows pop tarts are garbage, but that's not basis for the case. I don't think for a second anyone involved believes pop tarts are healthy. But there's kind of a point there that if it says "a fruit" it should contain that fruit. It's kelloggs for cryin outloud, built by a guy who thought holding in orgasms was worth creating his own cult camp :rofl:

Think of it as a justified redistribution of wealth that our gov't is incapable of. Education and poverty go hand in hand. So if this better informs a poor person without our perspectives from thinking they're getting something that at least at one point, was a food, then more power to them. But it sure as hell isn't because anyone currently thinks the lie that kelloggs is putting on their boxes is accurate. In fact knowing it's not is why they're suing.

This isn't 'Mr Kellogg' they're going after, or his descendants. It's corporation made up of entirely financially comfy greed factories. Because they're misrepresenting something for money. It has nothing to do with believing that shit is healthy.
I see your point, I just don't see how it's misrepresented. Pop Tarts doesn't claim to contain actual fruit. Nowhere on the packaging does it make that claim.

I'm no saying that corporate greed is good. I just think that filing over 400 lawsuits is the worse case of ambulance chasing. Again, not saying that companies shouldn't be held accountable, I just think there is a better way than skeezy lawyers.

Maybe I'm the asshole because I have a fondness for Pop Tarts.
:rofl:

<edit> maybe I should sue because I know the Fruit Loop Pop Tarts I had contained ZERO actual fucking Fruit Loops in them.

Last edited: