kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
True

But also no one deserves to be completely displaced by gentrification over and over again either.

You remember occupy oakland? There some folks in that community/area that do not fuck around and are sick of the bullshit.
so violence is the solution!?!

there has to be a better way...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I agreed with him. And that's not violence.

And that's also one of the highest concetrations of pretentious assholes on the face of the planet.
c'mon, I was expecting something better... something along the lines of "gentrification is the invasion of a territory, and it is supported by a militarized and corrupt police force. the only solution is via armed uprising". or something.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
c'mon, I was expecting something better... something along the lines of "gentrification is the invasion of a territory, and it is supported by a militarized and corrupt police force. the only solution is via armed uprising". or something.
That sounds good too. :D

How about just "fanny packers in one of the richest parts of the country getting their ibis stolen is still kinda funny to me"

There are very regular and entirely predictable outcomes of certain economic situations. They are as old as money itself. I don't have any pearls to clutch unfortunately.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
e.g. when Thatcher destroyed square miles of working class homes in England...
I think we will find there are many (many) examples of this sort of thing if we start digging through history books (or wikipedia!). Hell, I live on a plot of land that was razed by the government 40 years ago to de-industrialize the downtown core. but in so doing, it also leveled an entire community built around said industrial area. Where I went to high-school is in a traditionally francophone part of town. A full row of blocks was destroyed to make way for a 6-lane divided road connecting two highways. I'm sure every town has examples of this. It's sad and reprehensible... but I'm not sure what to do about it...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
So, guns are bad, unless you use them to steal property from those deemed to be pretentious assholes (defined as owning a fanny pack and an Ibis).

Another Whopper from Burger Kid - Have it both ways.
stop trying so hard

Ive already concurred that people getting guns stuck in their faces is bad.

Youre just making shit up now to get outraged at me over.

Last edited: