sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
ZF in humanity because they plan to keep making these:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
brave new world :)
Who's up?

Additional veterinary reports show the condition of a female monkey called “Animal 15” during the months leading up to her death in March 2019. Days after her implant surgery, she began to press her head against the floor for no apparent reason; a symptom of pain or infection, the records say. Staff observed that though she was uncomfortable, picking and pulling at her implant until it bled, she would often lie at the foot of her cage and spend time holding hands with her roommate.
Animal 15 began to lose coordination, and staff observed that she would shake uncontrollably when she saw lab workers. Her condition deteriorated for months until the staff finally euthanized her. A necropsy report indicates that she had bleeding in her brain and that the Neuralink implants left parts of her cerebral cortex “focally tattered.”
Yet another monkey, Animal 22, was euthanized in March 2020 after his cranial implant became loose. A necropsy report revealed that two of the screws securing the implant to the skull loosened to the extent that they “could easily be lifted out.The necropsy for Animal 22 clearly states that “the failure of this implant can be considered purely mechanical and not exacerbated by infection.” If true, this would appear to directly contradict Musk’s statement that no monkeys died as a result of Neuralink’s chips.

Last edited:

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
brave new world :)
Who's up?

Additional veterinary reports show the condition of a female monkey called “Animal 15” during the months leading up to her death in March 2019. Days after her implant surgery, she began to press her head against the floor for no apparent reason; a symptom of pain or infection, the records say. Staff observed that though she was uncomfortable, picking and pulling at her implant until it bled, she would often lie at the foot of her cage and spend time holding hands with her roommate.
Animal 15 began to lose coordination, and staff observed that she would shake uncontrollably when she saw lab workers. Her condition deteriorated for months until the staff finally euthanized her. A necropsy report indicates that she had bleeding in her brain and that the Neuralink implants left parts of her cerebral cortex “focally tattered.”
Yet another monkey, Animal 22, was euthanized in March 2020 after his cranial implant became loose. A necropsy report revealed that two of the screws securing the implant to the skull loosened to the extent that they “could easily be lifted out.The necropsy for Animal 22 clearly states that “the failure of this implant can be considered purely mechanical and not exacerbated by infection.” If true, this would appear to directly contradict Musk’s statement that no monkeys died as a result of Neuralink’s chips.

Mr. Leon Skum should be the first to step up. If he is so sure of it, why for he not volunteer?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Hell even my bosses cochlear implant gets all brain juice logged and goes on the fritz. He's had it replaced on warranty more than once. It wiggs out and he gets all weird.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Mr. Leon Skum should be the first to step up. If he is so sure of it, why for he not volunteer?
"Neuralink says it aims to enroll people with quadriplegia due to a spinal cord injury or ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis)."

Seems like a perfect collision of technology that can be applied to solve real human problems and the absolute last person that should ever be involved in anything relating to medical ethics.

As one of the commentors on that article put it: "I can't wait for the day that a test subject announces that they've experienced some sort of traumatic incident with their implant, and Musk responds by publishing that person's brain log report, showing how many times they've masturbated. "

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
#Won't someone think of the whales:

Wealthy and white communities in the US and Canada were much more likely to oppose wind energy projects, according to a new study from University of California Santa Barbara researchers.

The study looked at more than 1,400 onshore wind projects across the US and Canada between 2000 and 2016, and analyzed the factors that made some communities more likely than others to oppose them.

“One of the maybe more surprising findings, at least for me going into it, was that it was more likely to happen in overwhelmingly white communities,” said Leah Stokes, the study’s lead researcher and an associate professor of environmental politics at the University of California, Santa Barbara.

Stokes added the study also found that in Canada, wealthier communities in particular were more likely to oppose the projects.

In other news: water is wet...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
#Won't someone think of the whales:

Wealthy and white communities in the US and Canada were much more likely to oppose wind energy projects, according to a new study from University of California Santa Barbara researchers.

The study looked at more than 1,400 onshore wind projects across the US and Canada between 2000 and 2016, and analyzed the factors that made some communities more likely than others to oppose them.

“One of the maybe more surprising findings, at least for me going into it, was that it was more likely to happen in overwhelmingly white communities,” said Leah Stokes, the study’s lead researcher and an associate professor of environmental politics at the University of California, Santa Barbara.

Stokes added the study also found that in Canada, wealthier communities in particular were more likely to oppose the projects.

In other news: water is wet...
And this is why it is necessary, on a national level, the gubmint needs to tell these rich fuckers that nobody gives a shit what sort of nonsense they come up with to oppose... the windmills are going in. :mad:

Oh, wait. The politicians making the decisions are suckling on the teat of those rich white motherfuckers. :rant:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
And this is why it is necessary, on a national level, the gubmint needs to tell these rich fuckers that nobody gives a shit what sort of nonsense they come up with to oppose... the windmills are going in. :mad:

Oh, wait. The politicians making the decisions are suckling on the teat of those rich white motherfuckers. :rant:
It's almost like the legal legacy of the nationwide environmental movement is nothing more than providing a framework for rich people to shape the destiny of everyone else.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
MIL2 has substantial family in Jerusalem (she's Jewish). Word she's getting re: feelings from even the most peaceful of family members is scorched earth.

Hamas is apparently open for a truce
A senior Hamas official said the group is open to discussions over a possible truce with Israel, having "achieved its targets."
https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/hamas-official-says-group-is-open-discussions-over-truce-with-israel-2023-10-09/
I'm guessing they have realized that they finally crossed a threshold from which they will not survive.

I'm not a huge fan of how the Israelis treat Palestinians in general, and neither side in the millennia long shit show is right, but direct, intentional attacks on civilians? (Btw, be hopeful that you don't accidentally find the videos posted since the weekend. Some of that shit is beyond fucked up.) Gaza is about to get wiped off the face of the earth. 47 fucking countries with dead civilians.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
From your favourite broadsheet:
View attachment 201816
though I take your point and fully acknowledge it.
When I posted that it was true. So many people in the US pointed it out, I finally started seeing and hearing comparable language yesterday.

Our media defaults to our military support. Always

Its how our country manufactures consent for our upcoming war crimes

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
When I posted that it was true. So many people in the US pointed it out, I finally started seeing and hearing comparable language yesterday.

Our media defaults to our military support. Always

Its how our country manufactures consent for our upcoming war crimes
Screenshot_20231011_120130_Chrome.jpg

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
if you are pro palestine/hamas in australia....you are probably a anti semite