Quantcast

The "I Have Zero Faith In Humanity" Thread

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I eat chain food about never times a year unless I'm working somewhere it's a matter of no choice, rather than choice.
The wife and I hit the new Burger King last night and it was a hot mess. For one, the driveway in is wonky, the drive thru is even more wonky, and it was terrible as expected. And now we know.

If I want a burger, we usually hit Deri Delish (tiny soft serve joint) and it's good shit. Old school cash only.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
The wife and I hit the new Burger King last night and it was a hot mess. For one, the driveway in is wonky, the drive thru is even more wonky, and it was terrible as expected. And now we know.

If I want a burger, we usually hit Deri Delish (tiny soft serve joint) and it's good shit. Old school cash only.

Bruh

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Y u no Burgerville?
Ha, I totally forgot we have a Burgerville. :rofl:

Wow, I think it's technically the closest joint to me, too. It's next to the Safeway. The last time we went the wife ordered a bacon cheeseburger because she panic ordered. She had said afterwards that she intended to get a chicken sandwich and froze at the speaker. It was very traumatic..

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
We have tried to eat there a couple times. They sell out pretty much every day, so you gotta get there early apparently. It's not exactly "on the way" to anywhere unless you are going to the Walmart in Cornelius maybe.
I recall this place. Whenever we'd drive up (and back) from Eugene to visit the grandparents in Washington, we'd stop here.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Know what? Fuck 'em. And I don't mean the kids with their Tik-toks or what ever they will be using next week will be. I mean everyone of these corporate ghouls axing people from their jobs so they can make quarterly profits look bigger or do stock buy backs or "invest" in some shitty AI. Name and shame everyone of them and put it on the interwebz for perpetuity.

One recent TikTok video by Brittany Pietsch, a San Francisco technology worker, shows the moment she got fired from her job at cybersecurity company Cloudflare. In the roughly 9-minute video, which went viral after it was posted in mid-January, Pietsch is seen looking visibly tense as she sits in front of her computer awaiting a virtual call with an HR person and director for the company. She notes in captions in the video that "coworkers had been getting random 15-minute call invites all day" and that her "work BFF" had been fired just 30 minutes before, leading the 27-year-old to expect the worst.
I didn't watch much of the superbowl yesterday, but the part I did see definitely had an at least 30 second Cloudflare advertisement run. What did advertising space cost during the superbowl this year?

Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Know what? Fuck 'em. And I don't mean the kids with their Tik-toks or what ever they will be using next week will be. I mean everyone of these corporate ghouls axing people from their jobs so they can make quarterly profits look bigger or do stock buy backs or "invest" in some shitty AI. Name and shame everyone of them and put it on the interwebz for perpetuity.

I didn't watch much of the superbowl yesterday, but the part I did see definitely had an at least 30 second Cloudflare advertisement run. What did advertising space cost during the superbowl this year?

I think it was $7M per 30 second slot or some shit. That's quite a few low level salaries for sure.

Having been laid off a few times over my career, it totally sucks. But working for small start ups does that.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Take that capitalism

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Here's a game I like to call "Find the Non-White People In The Crowd of People Protesting IMAGINARY Immigration To Their City"

Fuckin' NIMBYs. :mad:

1707853309555.png

1707853319804.png

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Here's a game I like to call "Find the Non-White People In The Crowd of People Protesting IMAGINARY Immigration To Their City"

View attachment 207685

View attachment 207686
All I see is a sea of white immigrants. They may be a generation or several removed but still...

These people need to learn US history and this migration is a direct result of over 100 years of the US fucking Latin America. Strange how when democracy wins and US corporate interests are threatened how fast a coup and stongman appear. I think Beau did a vid on this a couple years ago. Will try to find.

<edit> Found it. Let's talk about why they can't fix their country....

Climate change will make this much worse. One of the factors that does not get much press is the impact climate change made in the Syria debacle. Look at what a mess that made in MidEast/Europe. That is one country and not the last that will suffer collapse due to climate and governance.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

View attachment 207685

View attachment 207686
El Paso County says "hold my Klan hood!"