Quantcast

The "I Have Zero Faith In Humanity" Thread

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Rubes gonna rube... :D
One of our riding crew will be smiling. He got into bitcoin with a single purchase with a few bucks near the beginning. He has dumped some strategically over the years. So beer money investment has paid off the house, put an addition on, paid for a car and a few nice family vacations. His old bike hauler Chevy Avalanche is finally dying, so he is now looking to dump some more for a new vehicle. It did not make him a multi-millionaire or anything, but he was sure able to stretch beer money to an ungodly degree. There are times I wished I rubed as hard as he did. Like always - timing is everything.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
One of our riding crew will be smiling. He got into bitcoin with a single purchase with a few bucks near the beginning. He has dumped some strategically over the years. So beer money investment has paid off the house, put an addition on, paid for a car and a few nice family vacations. His old bike hauler Chevy Avalanche is finally dying, so he is now looking to dump some more for a new vehicle. It did not make him a multi-millionaire or anything, but he was sure able to stretch beer money to an ungodly degree. There are times I wished I rubed as hard as he did. Like always - timing is everything.
Yeah - those early lambo-stories are pretty legendary. And I don't begrudge anyone that plays the wheel with that stuff. But it's gambling, make no mistake about it. And as such, ain't my thing.