Quantcast

The "I Have Zero Faith In Humanity" Thread

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
couldn't read the story....huge pop up ad blocked the story even though pop up blocker is set to kill...
A jury in Washington has awarded a whopping $50 million settlement to a couple that says, if they had known their five-year-old son would be born with a genetic defect, they would have aborted him.

Brock and Rhea Wuth sued Valley Medical Center and the Laboratory Corporation of America (LabCorp) for the “wrongful birth” of their son, Oliver.

The couple, both of whom are teachers, had their child tested in utero for any genetic abnormalities. Tests conducted by LabCorp said the child would have a 50-50 chance of being born without any issues.
fiddy mil for a fiddy-fiddy chance on a defective product?

seems legit.

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
So 1/3 of the country is basically retarded, but even more concerning is that more than 1/2 of Republicans are as well. Although that isn't actually a surprise, but the fact that number has increased in the past 4 years is.
While overall belief in evolution hasn't budged since 2009, the gap between Democrats and Republicans has expanded, Pew found. In 2009, 54 percent of Republicans believed in evolution, compared with 43 percent today. Democrats have not shifted their views, with about 67 percent saying they believed in evolution in both years. Independents are similar to Democrats, with 65 percent saying they believe in evolution. Their views have also been stable since 2009.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
i'll have to pull the story from FB, but the title was basically "man high on meth fights off 15 cops while masturbating"

:rofl:
http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2013/12/alleged_masturbating_man_in_sa.html

:rofl:

A Beaverton man was arrested following a string of erratic outbursts that culminated in the suspect allegedly masturbating in a Salem roadhouse, officials said.

It took a Taser and more than a dozen officers on Sunday to finally subdue Andrew Frey inside Iggy's Bar & Grill on Portland Road Northeast, the Marion County Sheriff's office said.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
yep, if there's one thing that causes me to doubt mankind, it's white collar crime [many orders of magnitude below generations-long & institutionalized gov't waste]

you keep your human trafficking, dictatorships, shipbreaking, favelas, tribalism, k-pop, & global wealth disparity
for me, it's bulls tickets & in a box funded by koch bros; that's my line in the sand

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Wait, what? "Shipbreaking"? Damn, I'm way off the back with my depraved behavior venacular. But at least I know that "tribalism" refers to sh!tty arm band tats and poor decision making.

As for the guv'ner and his old lady, I did like the idea about testing his buddy's new drug on state employees. Not exactly Idi Amin, but a good start in the right direction.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
where would we be w/o the lost art of frontal lobotomies? and don't get me started on pox blankets & placebos for syphilis for the mud people.

this man is a hero.
r3sp3ct the cape.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
you mean there might be a spot left on the floor of uncle ted's teepee available for immediate occupancy?

suh-weet

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i am also quickly losing faith in humanity, as 'humanity' sees 400 word 'essays' as the final word on a topic, cannot discern an avalanche of strawman arguments disguised as 'clever' questions if it covered them 10' deep

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
i am also quickly losing faith in humanity, as 'humanity' sees 400 word 'essays' as the final word on a topic, cannot discern an avalanche of strawman arguments disguised as 'clever' questions if it covered them 10' deep
You have previously revealed yourself as a bigot, the quiz isn't for you...

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
yes, i am admittedly bigoted against the intellectually lazy, and equally those who bugger little boys in the name of God
You are lazy. Discrimination, like child molesting, is illegal regardless of which religious psychosis one has - this has been definitively acknowledged in the courts.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
You are lazy. Discrimination, like child molesting, is illegal regardless of which religious psychosis one has - this has been definitively acknowledged in the courts.
not so.

discrimination in various forms is perfectly legal:
- no pets allowed
- no shoes/shirt; no service
- adults only
- [marital status] only
- income requirement
- residency requirement
- member of political party to vote in primary
- licensed in X in order to participate
- physical requirements
- gender requirements
- education requirements
- experience requirements
- citizenship requirements
- racial/ethnic requirement

you just got served by a lazy person. where's your godwin now?

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
you just got served by a lazy person. where's your godwin now?
You very well know the article is in regards to the Equal Protection Clause. It's illegal, don't be an lazy, obtuse bigot. It's as stupid as you previously bringing up the Dixiecrats who left the Democratic Party well before the Civil Rights Act of 1964 - you're just again proving you're a jackarse.

Last edited: