Quantcast

The "I Have Zero Faith In Humanity" Thread

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
You very well know the article is in regards to the Equal Protection Clause. It's illegal, don't be an lazy, obtuse bigot. It's as stupid as you previously bringing up the Dixiecrats who left the Democratic Party well before the Civil Rights Act of 1964 - you're just again proving you're a jackarse.
how am i bigoted?

exactly?

you know that bigoted *does not* mean: "anyone who disagrees with me", right?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Give us a break, there's years of posts here to elucidate that.
i'm only asking you; quit hiding behind others

and since there's "years of posts", it should be trivial to produce one that demonstrates i'm bigoted in a manner that's germane to this discussion. i can point to the whole 'explaining religious psychosis' thread as just one set of examples of yours, just in case you lack the ability or willingness to navel-gaze

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
and since there's "years of posts", it should be trivial to produce one that demonstrates i'm bigoted in a manner that's germane to this discussion. i can point to the whole 'explaining religious psychosis' thread as just one set of examples of yours, just in case you lack the ability or willingness to navel-gaze
You've made numerous racist posts, not homophobic ones. Discrimination against gays isn't any more acceptable or legal than discrimination against minorities or women.

And my thread isn't debunking any one faith, you know, discrimination.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
You've made numerous racist posts, not homophobic ones. Discrimination against gays isn't any more acceptable or legal than discrimination against minorities or women.
yes, i have made many posts against white/brown/yellow/orange/chartreuse people, but b/c they're positively crackers, not b/c of the melanin content of their pigment. it's no more bigoted (specifically sexist & racist) to say as a portion of the population, white males are the most highly represented demographic for serial killers, or for corporate raiding, or political corruption.
And my thread isn't debunking any one faith, you know, discrimination.
you are bigoted against anyone who believes in an All Mighty, regardless of faith. your bigotry is far from discerning, and is only matched by your malevolence & condescension for anyone who dares to express their faith, however far from any specific denomination. curiously, you are quiet as a church mouse on the world's 2nd biggest religion.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
You've agreed I am not singling out faiths and have several times included polytheism even. As crab notes, debunking is not discriminatory. Nor is it bigoted - science offers the current, best supported, unbiased description of reality - not a judgement based on personal feelings or works of fiction from an age of greater ignorance.

Last edited:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
and nor do i single out -- or, discriminate -- against what kinds of men aren't allowed in women's rooms; they ALL are

and what is it you think you debunked (or provided the final word on)? there is no god? or that one cannot both be of sound mind & hold fast to a belief in an all mighty?

so let's put this to rest (like there's really a chance of that!): if you knew only 1 thing about someone, and were considering them for a position of influence (political office, judge, or head of faculty at a public uni or other school system), would it be enough information for you to make a decision solely upon whether or not they held a religious belief? not a trick question; be pleased if you didn't treat it as one.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
You've made specific remarks against minorities, I am not talking about white people or men in women's rooms.

You can't make a decision based on their religious status and I noted in the thread I agreed with silver, most are not true believers and there's herd/social reasons.

I also stated early on in that thread it was a beneficial adaptation (especially in the age of ignorance in which they were invented):
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243519&p=3656957&viewfull=1#post3656957

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
bigoted |ˈbigətid|
adjective
obstinately convinced of the superiority or correctness of one's own opinions and prejudiced against those who hold different opinions : a bigoted group of reactionaries.
• expressing or characterized by prejudice and intolerance : a thoughtless and bigoted article.
- From the dictionary on my computer which is probably skewed towards the liberal side since it's a Mac.

And from Wikipedia :

Bigotry is the state of mind of a bigot: someone who, as a result of their prejudices, treats or views other people with fear, distrust, hatred, contempt, or intolerance on the basis of a person's opinion, ethnicity, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, socioeconomic status, or other characteristics.
Hmmmmm...

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
^^^ add fatties to that list & i'll have the EMTs cut me out of the closet

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
I saw that yesterday. Seriously fvck that guy, his lawyer, the judge, and everyone else involved. Sounds like another case of "affluenza". Saw this quote in another article:
Richards, a great-grandson of du Pont patriarch Irenee du Pont, is unemployed and supported by a trust fund, reports the News Journal. It says he owns a 5,800-square-foot mansion in Greenville and a home in the exclusive North Shores neighborhood near Rehoboth Beach.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I think if you own a gun and your child gets a hold of it and shoots himself or someone else, you should automatically get the death penalty. No matter if anyone dies or not. You get the death penalty. And they use your gun.
I have zero faith in humanity because there is no compassion left. No matter the crime, people start calling for heads. Let's execute them!!! :disgust1:

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have zero faith in humanity because there is no compassion left. No matter the crime, people start calling for heads. Let's execute them!!! :disgust1:
The man has a point, though. I used to bitch to my ex about her not locking up her gun, even after she got a FREE GUN LOCK at the gun show. I have compassion, it's just thin when the stupid gets thick.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Let the punishment fit the crime though. Also, we already know that the death penalty doesn't work except as revenge.