Quantcast

The "I Have Zero Faith In Humanity" Thread

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Rick Santorum will probably be the next president. People really are that fvcking stupid.

Ok, your turn. Make a statement, hypothetical or otherwise, on why you have lost all hope with humanity.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
This thread is not just about idiots electing insane people. Post your opinions on why we are doomed as a species.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
"Pink slime."

The food people are sold to eat in general.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Idiocracy will become reality, or perhaps The Handmaid's Tale

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
If Santorum is the GOP option, I'll be voting Democratic. [sky starts falling]

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Yesterday I went to the Honda dealership and got something replaced under warranty. Later a woman I know brought a Special Needs (high function autism, maybe ) kid to the studio for a visit. Kids like him give me a little hope, albeit possibly false, simply for the fact that they are not tainted with the same ignorant and hateful motives as a lot of adults.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Land Rover is selling so many copies of their useless, all-flash Evoque SUV that they're adding 1000 workers to their payroll.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
In the last 3 weeks, 3 children in this area were shot. The first because a kid with a messed up family situation wanted to run away, so he stole a gun from his mom's bf for protection. He set it on a desk and it misfired and shot an 8 year old girl. She barely survived and is still in the hospital. The second was a preschool aged police officer's daughter who was left in the car with the officer's gun. The brother in the car picked it up and shot her on accident. She died. Yesterday, a dad stashed his gun under the front seat and got out to pump gas. His 3 year old son pulled out the gun and shot himself in the head.

People... if you own guns, you are responsible for making sure they are in a safe place... I feel for all these families. But three in such a short time in such a small area.... pay attention.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
In the last 3 weeks, 3 children in this area were shot. The first because a kid with a messed up family situation wanted to run away, so he stole a gun from his mom's bf for protection. He set it on a desk and it misfired and shot an 8 year old girl. She barely survived and is still in the hospital. The second was a preschool aged police officer's daughter who was left in the car with the officer's gun. The brother in the car picked it up and shot her on accident. She died. Yesterday, a dad stashed his gun under the front seat and got out to pump gas. His 3 year old son pulled out the gun and shot himself in the head.

People... if you own guns, you are responsible for making sure they are in a safe place... I feel for all these families. But three in such a short time in such a small area.... pay attention.
If the guns had guns, they could have protected themselves from the kids.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco

No kidding. WTF are hand guns for?

I also have an old friend from high school that accidentally shot himself in the leg.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Land Rover is selling so many copies of their useless, all-flash Evoque SUV that they're adding 1000 workers to their payroll.
1000 more people in england with the means to improve their dental hygiene is a win....no matter the damage done to the enviorment.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I think if you own a gun and your child gets a hold of it and shoots himself or someone else, you should automatically get the death penalty. No matter if anyone dies or not. You get the death penalty. And they use your gun.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
No kidding. WTF are hand guns for?

I also have an old friend from high school that accidentally shot himself in the leg.
They said it perfectly on the radio this morning. The gun shop owners said something to the effect of, "You buy a gun because it is dangerous, it makes you dangerous to those that would hurt you. You buy it to shoot and harm or kill others with to defend yourself and your loved ones. If you own one, you need to make sure that it is either on your person, or locked up."

For serious. I love shooting, but there is no way in hell I'd let one of our guns out of the safe in our house with a five year old on the loose. Even with that said, we try to educate him at every opportunity that if you see a gun, do not touch it, run to the nearest adult you know and tell them. Don't let your friends touch it either.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Hmm my post is not so much a "zero faith in humanity" as a wish list for redress of my faith in humanity..... which contains surprisingly inhuman (but oh so fun) desires.

This plus the following;
the Phelps clan
*take your pick of Faux news commentators*
Rupert Murdoch
Kony
Santorum (the person)
Assad
Anyone at Goldman Sachs on more than $90k
Palin
The NZ Prime minister John Key
any random tea party event
who ever designed the campervan version of the Pirus

Did I miss anyone?

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
Yesterday I went to the Honda dealership and got something replaced under warranty. Later a woman I know brought a Special Needs (high function autism, maybe ) kid to the studio for a visit. Kids like him give me a little hope, albeit possibly false, simply for the fact that they are not tainted with the same ignorant and hateful motives as a lot of adults.
My wife worked with developmentally disabled adults for years and they could be just as manipulative and greedy as anyone else. Perhaps even more manipulative sometimes because sometimes they're aware that people aren't expecting it of them, or don't know how to handle it.

There was one guy who figured out that if he went to Starbucks and dropped his drink he'd get a new one. So he'd get one, take it outside, drink most of it, drop the rest and brink back a dripping cup for a new one. Over a couple weeks he worked his way through most of the employees at one store before they caught on or were willing to call him on it. :rofl: