Quantcast

The "I Have Zero Faith In Humanity" Thread

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
My wife worked with developmentally disabled adults for years and they could be just as manipulative and greedy as anyone else. Perhaps even more manipulative sometimes because sometimes they're aware that people aren't expecting it of them, or don't know how to handle it.

There was one guy who figured out that if he went to Starbucks and dropped his drink he'd get a new one. So he'd get one, take it outside, drink most of it, drop the rest and brink back a dripping cup for a new one. Over a couple weeks he worked his way through most of the employees at one store before they caught on or were willing to call him on it. :rofl:
People like that most likely have lived in very manipulative human service systems, so they in turn learn how to manipulate in order to get what they want, need, etc. I work in the field and see it a lot, did a lot of quality ratings of human svc systems in the northeast.

By far, my best visit was to a mental health day program in NH. One participant had just refused to take his meds, took a shovel and wacked the yoga instructor in the shinz. When I arrived to do my rating, she was trying to lead the group in deep breathing exercises while still hyperventilating from the preceding event. It was kind of hilarious to watch the group try to imitate her ("uhh, uhh, uhh...(shake)..uhhhhhh!"

OK, I now have no faith in my own humanity after typing this! :rofl:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
In the last 3 weeks, 3 children in this area were shot. The first because a kid with a messed up family situation wanted to run away, so he stole a gun from his mom's bf for protection. He set it on a desk and it misfired and shot an 8 year old girl. She barely survived and is still in the hospital. The second was a preschool aged police officer's daughter who was left in the car with the officer's gun. The brother in the car picked it up and shot her on accident. She died. Yesterday, a dad stashed his gun under the front seat and got out to pump gas. His 3 year old son pulled out the gun and shot himself in the head.

People... if you own guns, you are responsible for making sure they are in a safe place... I feel for all these families. But three in such a short time in such a small area.... pay attention.

A good friend of mine was shot dead in Seattle while driving his kids home.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2018285764_shooting26m.html

Ferrari was driving his white Volkswagen van with his father in the front passenger seat when they pulled up at East Cherry Street and Martin Luther King Jr. Way around 4:30 p.m. Thursday. Ferrari's mother and his two children were in the back, according to a source with knowledge of the investigation.

The gunfire erupted after they came to a stop at the intersection, said authorities.

When the shooting stopped, the van started rolling away, the source said. When Ferrari didn't respond, his father unbuckled the seat belt and realized his son had been shot in the head.
So if you see "an African-American man in his 20s" near MLK, please notify police, they are looking for him.

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
People like that most likely have lived in very manipulative human service systems, so they in turn learn how to manipulate in order to get what they want, need, etc. I work in the field and see it a lot, did a lot of quality ratings of human svc systems in the northeast.

By far, my best visit was to a mental health day program in NH. One participant had just refused to take his meds, took a shovel and wacked the yoga instructor in the shinz. When I arrived to do my rating, she was trying to lead the group in deep breathing exercises while still hyperventilating from the preceding event. It was kind of hilarious to watch the group try to imitate her ("uhh, uhh, uhh...(shake)..uhhhhhh!"

OK, I now have no faith in my own humanity after typing this! :rofl:
There's a good chance some of them did. They were intentionally choosing the people with the worst disabilities in order to maximize their funding. A few were previously institutionalized, others had come out of abusive host homes, etc.

So many stories that were wrong to laugh at. My wife was the case worker for one woman who was Hispanic, had a Hispanic host home provider, and hated Hispanic people. Taking her out in public was a nightmare.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i will agree to this: when you swallow a political attack ad as the equivalent to child rape, there is diminishing faith in humanity

well played, fag-hater

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i guess the fact they are now infecting a remote town with loose stool producing "food" is a travesty of sorts...

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Wait, why would the NY Post care about an cyclinst in NJ being killed for his or her bicycle? That sounds so unlike their usual "pander to the worst part of Americans/New Yorkers" reporting style. Could it be that they're finally dropping their Fox News-style propaganda and reporting on all issues, whether eschew to their political ideology or not?

Oh wait, nevermind:

Victim

Perpetrators

Makes far more sense now...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
A horrible crime was perpetrated on an innocent human being by 2 other humans. Why cant we focus on that? RIP little girl, and may justice be done.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Wait, why would the NY Post care about an cyclinst in NJ being killed for his or her bicycle? That sounds so unlike their usual "pander to the worst part of Americans/New Yorkers" reporting style. Could it be that they're finally dropping their Fox News-style propaganda and reporting on all issues, whether eschew to their political ideology or not?

Oh wait, nevermind:

Victim

Perpetrators

yes, it's a good thing exploiting blacks only happens in crime.
oh, wait

more faith-no-more: Foreclosed family watches helplessly as craigslist crowds strip house bare

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
So I was visiting a friend last weekend and I still dont know wether I should be mad, dissapointed or amazed.

Hes allways been a bit of a tinfoil type, but the last time I saw him it was getting out of hand. Theories about Obama worshipping the devil, NWO, Jay Z and Free Masons symbols in music videos, the existence of God and the devil, aliens building the pyramids... the whole deal.

So about a year ago we had a small discussion and I told him I had some books laying around that he might find interesting. The next day he came to my house asking for them, he seemed sincerely interested in learning something.
I gave him; "The God delusion", about well, the non existence of God. "Alpha and Omega", About what we know about the Universe and how it came into existence. "The greatest show on earth", about evolution. And two books about quantum physics, "The fabric of reality" and "The fabric of the cosmos", cause he's seen the asshole of a movie called "What the *bleep* do we know" and now thinks hes Niels Bohr. Its amazing how people's misunderstanding of quantum physics has created a whole new level of stupid.

After a few beers, he was allready raging about "Bohemian Grove", "Chemtrails" and probably every other topic that has ever been on Alex "Full Retard" Jones' website and then some.
From some things I could clearly tell he had no id about how stuff actually works and also that he had clearly not read the books that I gave him over a year ago. He clearly wasnt expecting a test.
When he told me our world leaders are dressing up in robes to sacrifice children to Lucifer, I looked at his wife in the hope she would back me up, but like the rest of my visit, she was allready on teh google to find "evidence" and support his theory.

I had also noticed a little greenhouse type of setup where they were growing their own veggies and soon the topic went to Monsanto. Ofcourse I agreed wth him that Monsanto is pure evil, so at last we had something we could agreed on.
I should have been thrilled that he and his 8.5 month pregnant wife were concerned about a healthy source of food, were it not for the fact that both of them, were smoking heavily the whole time I was there...

Needless to say, I dont know if Ill be going back any time soon.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Oh wait, nevermind:

Victim

Perpetrators

how does that old meme go?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
"would bang" as in "challenge to shoot mother in the face accepted"

brilliant, no?