Quantcast

The "I Have Zero Faith In Humanity" Thread

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Dead serious. I fucking hate urban sprawl. I'd rather ride my dirtbike in a flat field than sit in traffic going to the same bike trailheads as 10 bazillion other people.

Fuck denver.
I hear ya. Just getting worse, too - acres and acres of ticky-tacky going up on every available parcel of land. Spread is rapidly approaching the Wyoming border up north...

And definitely gotta "work around" things these days WRT riding. Mostly gotta avoid weekends and after-work hours.

That said - fuck Kansas. You can have it. :p

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
No one said I wanted the shit hole that is kansas.

What I said was that I'd take it over the shit hole of denver :D

In another 30 years Ft collins to co springs is going to look like the los angeles basin.

I've watched traffic back up into salida from people going back to denver on a sunday night. It's the only place I know of that's worse than tahoe back to the bay area.

Don't take it personally. I feel the same way about seattle, salt lake city, the bay area and that human civic disaster known as southern california.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
No one said I wanted the shit hole that is kansas.

What I said was that I'd take it over the shit hole of denver :D

In another 30 years Ft collins to co springs is going to look like the los angeles basin.

I've watched traffic back up into salida from people going back to denver on a sunday night. It's the only place I know of that's worse than tahoe back to the bay area.

Don't take it personally. I feel the same way about seattle, salt lake city, the bay area and that human civic disaster known as southern california.
Naw - I'm not taking it personally. And you're not wrong. Luckily, we have TABOR which will prevent any meaningful infrastructure improvements any time soon.

:homer:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I hear ya. Just getting worse, too - acres and acres of ticky-tacky going up on every available parcel of land. Spread is rapidly approaching the Wyoming border up north...
Jackson gets slagged on for all sorts of valid reasons, I can see why. But one thing going for us here is that the county is 97% public land. We will get some density, but we will never have sprawl. Hence the real estate values.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
when i was working in SLC back in '11 - '12, it was almost exactly like LA, except with mountains to the west instead of oceans, and mormons instead of scientologists
I used to go to that area to ski a bunch in the 90s. I don't even recognize that mess any more. But yeah SLC to spanish fork.......same shit. You can literally drive an hour on the interstate south now and ever not see suburban hell on earth.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I used to go to that area to ski a bunch in the 90s. I don't even recognize that mess any more. But yeah SLC to spanish fork.......same shit. You can literally drive an hour on the interstate south now and ever not see suburban hell on earth.
the mountains were pretty cool. i did some hiking, which was rad.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Remember everbody: antfuhz is the bad guys!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Remember everbody: antfuhz is the bad guys!

Windows > entire power grid. Duh........

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Fuck this shit head.
Hunt him down and send him to prison for attempted mass murder.

Proportionally, then surely donnie et al. must spend eternity in the seven levels of hell?