Quantcast

The "I Have Zero Faith In Humanity" Thread

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
yeah.

but even if it can't catch fire, it will decompose and release methane.
For sure on the methane, I can smell it in the non-frozen swamps. Most of that area up there is open swamp, interspersed with "lakes", which are not really lakes, just open areas where the water has collected over thousands of years. If it's not a lake, it's going to be deep ass swamp. The permafrost is down a little ways, but effectively makes a barrier in the summer time, so water can never penetrate or go into a water-table. That exists most places in the central part of the state, but up north it's starting to fall into the sea in many places when it thaws. The Brooks Range gets really close to the coast near Barter Island and I think that's some of the ANWR land. That's really the bigger issue, that's where wildlife comes in and out, through that corridor and it's close to the coast. The other land is used by roaming caribou herds, but those are not native and seem to do fine with whatever. Then there's the migratory stuff, the birds and whales. That area is huge pristine "generally not F-ed with by man" area.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
MAGA.

On Wednesday, he was arrested and charged with criminal mischief and two counts of low-level arson, accused of burning a poster affixed to a New York Police Department barricade

These assholes thrive because of a media that refuses to tell the story behind the story

This is what he was burning

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
my kid is in kindergarten. they're going over active shooter drills.
Totally normal in Murica, shirly?

"We know you're new to being here instead of safely at home. So let's practice hiding quietly under our desks in case someone wants to murder you all.".

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Totally normal in Murica, shirly?

"We know you're new to being here instead of safely at home. So let's practice hiding quietly under our desks in case someone wants to murder you all.".
well what's crazier is that my son is still doing remote/virtual learning so it was on the zoom call this morning

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
my kid is in kindergarten. they're going over active shooter drills.

Not sure which is more dystopian, active shooter drills or the nuclear air raid drills we had when I was a little kid.

Edit: sniped by jbp. When I lived on a SAC Air Force base there were daily tests of the air raid sirens and my elementary school had a stocked bunker in the basement that we had to scurry into twice a year for "preparedness".