Quantcast

The "I Have Zero Faith In Humanity" Thread

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
There will always some company that will lower the bar for employment conditions even further into the sewer.
I present "reverse financed internships".
Yes like an intern job but you have to pay the company to work for them not just work for free!

That's been happening for a long time. There were several cargo outfits "selling" First Officer positions where you'd pay 20K or whatever to "get experience" flying.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
That's been happening for a long time. There were several cargo outfits "selling" First Officer positions where you'd pay 20K or whatever to "get experience" flying.
I don't know what it's like now but when I was in the college, that's how the alaskan crab and tuna boat crews worked. You pay for a spot on the boat to maybe get paid for the haul you almost die to acquire.

In other news, an white person has an ideas :rofl:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
as someone who's had some of the gnarliest head injuries and lived I know of (holla @mykel!), some mother fucker decided to build this for people with horrendous brain ailments and I'm just now learning about this :rofl:

"You all fucked up in the head? Yeah it's that building over there"

196574406_4357454990940146_2461183449064801142_n.jpg

what a bunch of assholes :rofl:

Last edited:

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
as someone who's had some of the gnarliest head injuries and lived (holla @mykel!) I know of, some mother fucker decided to build this for people with horrendous brain ailments and I'm just now learning about this :rofl:

"You all fucked up in the head? Yeah it's that building over there"

View attachment 161132

what a bunch of assholes :rofl:

So, they built the bombed out building that you are trying to escape in your nightmares.
That should help when reality is already a challenge.
Well done. :rofl:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
There should be Olympic teams of epidemiologists and vaccine researchers competing for the sake of science.
“on your mark, get set, GO!”

With exhibition games of how many jabs can be given in a certain time.

countries with highest vax rates get prizes...

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
These fuckers.

The pod was moved because the Ritz is being built where it was. A bunch of the carts closed because who can wait 2+ years for a new spot? Many relocated to other spots. They finally approved a spot and just set up a few weeks ago.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
These fuckers.

The pod was moved because the Ritz is being built where it was. A bunch of the carts closed because who can wait 2+ years for a new spot? Many relocated to other spots. They finally approved a spot and just set up a few weeks ago.
Probably restaurant owners who pay rent or a mortgage on a fixed location. Would not be the first time......

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Probably restaurant owners who pay rent or a mortgage on a fixed location. Would not be the first time......
Downtown is way overrun and the spot they are in isn't well lit. I was pretty disappointed with the new location actually.

It's my understanding the carts pay rent, not sure how much but the space isn't free.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Downtown is way overrun and the spot they are in isn't well lit. I was pretty disappointed with the new location actually.

It's my understanding the carts pay rent, not sure how much but the space isn't free.
Makes sense.

Some local business here went absolute apeshit on some food trucks a few years ago. Rather than coming up with something sensible, they just got them banned from a certain distance from existing businesses.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Makes sense.

Some local business here went absolute apeshit on some food trucks a few years ago. Rather than coming up with something sensible, they just got them banned from a certain distance from existing businesses.
The original pod was the edge of a parking block all around and a row across the street. It was about 50 carts total. Then the parking lot got sold for the Ritz. They had talked about making the first floor a "food plaza" with carts, but decided it wasn't classy.

The new spot has maybe 20 carts and basically none of the originals. I used to hit that pod twice a week on average when I worked downtown.