Quantcast

The I wish I hadn't topic

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I wish I hadn't drank that 4th can of beer last night. Or added those extra peppers to my breakfast burritos.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Hadn't spent all that money on Cocaine and Mdma when I was younger. Hadn't bought a big house in the Suburbs when I was younger.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I don't think it was fresh, got it from my buddy. Took about a 20 minutes or so to subside fully. The worst part was the cramps from the Capsaicin later that night.
I ate an entire Dynamite green chile a few years back, somewhat accidentally. I was laid up on the couch for HOURS. Never have I had a worse stomach ache. Drinking milk, eating ice cream and crackers... none of it really helped much. :dead:

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
I ate an entire Dynamite green chile a few years back, somewhat accidentally. I was laid up on the couch for HOURS. Never have I had a worse stomach ache. Drinking milk, eating ice cream and crackers... none of it really helped much. :dead:
Capsaicin Cramps are unforgettable and unforgiving. The best thing to help is pure sugar. Dairy helps line the stomach to prevent capsaicin from sticking, but it does not help with the heat.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Capsaicin Cramps are unforgettable and unforgiving. The best thing to help is pure sugar. Dairy helps line the stomach to prevent capsaicin from sticking, but it does not help with the heat.
I've been a chili head since I was a wee shit and have never experienced or heard of "Capsaicin Cramps".

The Scoville unit rating is based on the theoretical number of droplets of sugar water it would take to cool the tongue of the test subject.

In my experience dairy does help with the heat, but only if used properly. A mouthful of milk, swished and spit out will cool you off in a hurry. Unfortunately most people swallow the first mouthful, coating their throats with capsaicin.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
I've been a chili head since I was a wee shit
Thats probably why! Ive always liked hot and spicy foods, but never eaten anything remotely close to the Ghost pepper and Carolina Reaper at the times i ate them. You probably built tolerance, where i had not. They are very much real, probably not the correct name but its what i call them. I hope you never experience it, its a terrible pain.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I've been a chili head since I was a wee shit and have never experienced or heard of "Capsaicin Cramps".

The Scoville unit rating is based on the theoretical number of droplets of sugar water it would take to cool the tongue of the test subject.

In my experience dairy does help with the heat, but only if used properly. A mouthful of milk, swished and spit out will cool you off in a hurry. Unfortunately most people swallow the first mouthful, coating their throats with capsaicin.
yeah I eat Habaneros Like candy. Ghost Peppers are a bit hotter, The scorpion chili, now that one can get to me https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinidad_Scorpion_Butch_T_pepper. had one of the chips made with the Carolina reaper. I thought it would be way more that it was

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Thats probably why! Ive always liked hot and spicy foods, but never eaten anything remotely close to the Ghost pepper and Carolina Reaper at the times i ate them. You probably built tolerance, where i had not. They are very much real, probably not the correct name but its what i call them. I hope you never experience it, its a terrible pain.
Yeah, that makes sense. At one point I had to stop for a while to let my tolerance come down. I couldn't get hot from eating raw Habaneros.

Try a banana or mustard for cramps. Processed sugar can actually make muscle cramps worse, much worse. A dude I met while riding in Pisgah told me about the mustard packet trick. Apparently sucking down a packet of mustard will instantly stop a cramp.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
yeah I eat Habaneros Like candy. Ghost Peppers are a bit hotter, The scorpion chili, now that one can get to me https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinidad_Scorpion_Butch_T_pepper. had one of the chips made with the Carolina reaper. I thought it would be way more that it was
I haven't gone past the Red Savina, heat wise, and currently don't plan on it. I'd have to be eating a ton more spicy food than usual. But back when I was brewing hot sauce and living in Asheville, I could eat stuff that would strip the paint of an old steel frame.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I haven't gone past the Red Savina, heat wise, and currently don't plan on it. I'd have to be eating a ton more spicy food than usual. But back when I was brewing hot sauce and living in Asheville, I could eat stuff that would strip the paint of an old steel frame.
Yeah, that makes sense. At one point I had to stop for a while to let my tolerance come down. I couldn't get hot from eating raw Habaneros.

Try a banana or mustard for cramps. Processed sugar can actually make muscle cramps worse, much worse. A dude I met while riding in Pisgah told me about the mustard packet trick. Apparently sucking down a packet of mustard will instantly stop a cramp.
Mustard works well for cramps

Tonight's stir fry had 3 diced Habaneros and a 1/4 teaspoon of powdered Scorpion Chili.. it was spicy but not too hot