Quantcast

The "I worked for everything I have" thread

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Yeah fuck you, I built this

particular post

Shit, my background is chemistry and I'm ordering snatms now. Thanks a lot.

Not all of us can be rugged individualist boot strappers like dano but at least I can make MDMA again. From scratch with my own two hands!!

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Lasted 10 seconds, sounds like every intelligent American person on YouTube, why do they all sound the freakin' same?

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Lasted 10 seconds, sounds like every intelligent American person on YouTube, why do they all sound the freakin' same?

It is common for people to adopt affectations such as non-regional accents to attempt to self identify to certain groups. Bros, Homosexuals, white girls, surfers, skaters, non southern rednecks and to some extent mountain bikers for example.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
It is common for people to adopt affectations such as non-regional accents to attempt to self identify to certain groups. Bros, Homosexuals, white girls, surfers, skaters, non southern rednecks and to some extent mountain bikers for example.
See "Mid-Atlantic Accent" for the same idea.
Was used in the news and entertainment industry to appeal to people across varying regions.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
My kid is the wee-ist lad on his soccer team because he was born in December. The league used to go by school grade, which felt more balanced, but a few years ago deiced to conform to US Soccer rules. Bad luck! There went his chance of making the USMNT. Thinking of ordering him some snatms though.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
When I drive I drive everywhere with the windows down so I can scream "DROPPING" every time I exit a corner, that lets people know I'm a rider.

If everyone on YouTube spoke like AVE I'd be happy.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
When I drive I drive everywhere with the windows down so I can scream "DROPPING" every time I exit a corner, that lets people know I'm a rider.

If everyone on YouTube spoke like AVE I'd be happy.
Although I am an over educated academic type I have spent most of my career in machine shops and heavy equipment manufactures.
I can speak the language of both places.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Building your own from scratch with no help and the benefit of being born at the lucky time of year eh? I respect that
ftfy.

this video has helped me to understand that because i was born in june, which is clearly the lucky month for not having your crabonz bars explode, i am still alive.