Quantcast

The "I'm sitting at home doing absolutely nothing on a saturday night" thread...

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC
Married....with children.....nuff said. Cue the music......"Love and marriage, love and marriage, go together like".....blah,blah,blah. But at least I enjoy my present company so it beats going out...gettin all rippered, spending to much money and feeling crappy tomorrow.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
robdamanii said:
Anyone got any beer?

I'm watching airplane 2.

I am still watching the tour. Listening to some Trek spokesman. Lame.

I am drinking some Stella Artois.

Al Trautwig is annoyingly maleable.

Jan 21, 2006
Boone, NC
I'm still here, in a little pain. Took a pretty bad spill going about 15 mph and scraped up my elbow and knees. Oh well, band geek camp tomorrow for a whole week without the parents, i'm happy enough.

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
I'm home bored. My friends suck and never do anything except light **** on fire. I'm not in the mood to be 15 right now.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Drinking some delicious limeade right now and recovering from a recent dirt jump session.

Looks like it's going to be a slow night.

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC
jdcamb said:
I am drinking some Stella Artois.
:drool:

I'm jealous...I asked my wife to bring me home a "summer" beer...A nice unfiltered wheat or something...I get Redhook Sunrye "summer" ale.....a whole 12 pack. Oh well...at least she brings me beer. After you get past the first couple.....they still taste bad:D

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
i just got back from assisting in an emergency surgery where the patient lost just under 1300 cc of blood

:eek:

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
tonight i realized that some of my friends are extremely boring. they decided it would be fun to walk around downtown andover at 10 o'clock. it was quite stupid since everything is closed and no people are around.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
had a company picnic/summer party earlier, drank some beerz with coworkers, went and scoped out the wife's new college campus, ate some chipotle and now sitting at home watching The Big Lebowski

werd 2 yer momz

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
DRB said:
Get any souvenirs?
there certainly were enough blood clots to go around, but i didn't feel like sneaking it out in my pocket. might have leaked through :wave:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Toshi said:
i just got back from assisting in an emergency surgery where the patient lost just under 1300 cc of blood

:eek:
The most blood I have seen was a lab that had been impaled on a piece of rebar through the chest. Hard to tell how much, but the back seat of the car it came in in was squishy.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
I'm sitting in a 4 bedroom/3 bath two story condo in Snowmass right now. We hiked to Crater Lake on the Maroon Bells trail after practice, and then went to Aspen. Now I'm going to go to sleep because the race is tomorrow.

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
I'm in the same boat. Got back from the desert about 9am this morning, had some food, slept until about 6:30. I recently unloaded truck/tow vehicle and now plan on throwing back a beer or two before bed.

L

luelling

I'm racing a time trial tommorrow so thats my "excuse" for doing nothing tonight. actually I just don't have friends

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Not much going on here. I have a big ol pile of some fine fine herbs, and a bunch of Guinness. I'll be watching movies (Napoleon Dynamite is in now), playing a little music, hanging with the wife. Maybe knockin a little boots later. :agree: :sneaky: :evil:

All in all a fine evening indeed.

GeoffW

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Not too much going on here...doing some Design works on Solidworks for a customers snowmobilne tonight and sipping on a nice drink...Lemon Gin, Ocean Spray Cranberry, and Redbull...and trying to figure out where the first third of gin went..was full at supper?? :)

Spudzie

Monkey
Dec 13, 2001
Hebron, ohio
Nothign going on here either .

Worked on my road bike all day today so i can do some miles tomorrow

:( and not a single drop of alcohol in the house

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
mmm just took a nap and listened through "the goldberg variations" (js bach, glenn gould) :) . whipping out a writeup on a patient, going to log 30 min on the elliptical for the ol' heart and lungs (and waistline! heh), then whip out yet another writeup afterwards.

exciting, i know

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
uhhhh too tired to drink anymore...drove all day from the beach to the mountains straight to the bar before even going home to play in a tournament ended up plastered and losing. now i am here and thinking about going to sleep.

GeoffW said:
Not too much going on here...doing some Design works on Solidworks for a customers snowmobilne tonight and sipping on a nice drink...Lemon Gin, Ocean Spray Cranberry, and Redbull...and trying to figure out where the first third of gin went..was full at supper?? :)
I do that occasionally, eat all the oreos, then look at my brother and ask where the fvck the went:trophy_br :trophy_br :trophy_br :trophy_br

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Toshi said:
mmm just took a nap and listened through "the goldberg variations" (js bach, glenn gould) :) . whipping out a writeup on a patient, going to log 30 min on the elliptical for the ol' heart and lungs (and waistline! heh), then whip out yet another writeup afterwards.

exciting, i know
That's sounds like how Dr Lector spent his residency...

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
sanjuro said:
That's sounds like how Dr Lector spent his residency...
nice catch! i didn't realize that dr. lecter had been listening to the goldberg variations in "the silence of the lambs", but this ancient (1998! http://www.faqs.org/faqs/movies/hannibal-lecter/ ) faq reveals it to be true.

oldassfaq said:
What's that cool music that Lecter kills to?

Lecter slaughters Lt. Boyle and Sgt. Pembrey while Bach's Goldberg
Variations
plays in the background.
in any case, it's one of my "desert island" cds, er, tracks-on-an-ipod, as it were. the other would be ravel's string "quartet in F".

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i'm trying to decide....

sell Evil Eye Pro, buy RX Racing Jackets and RX-ify my Crosshairs

or

buy contacts

all while listening to Monte Montgomery through headphones that lack a right channel.

fubar5

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
Houston, TX
Well, I just got off work at Kroger and now I'm trying to figure out what to do. I could pack up some stuff and head home for a day..meaning I can mooch some groceries off my cool mom, go to Borders and get some bike mags, hang out with my bros, and take it easy in the pool. Or I can stay here in Rolla MO, ride my fixie, and eat bread with Nutella on it. Hmmmmmm, Nutella is pretty good stuff, but I could just bring it with me.

I always did like middle of the night drives, so I think I'm off to St. L.