Quantcast

The Inaugural Pint to Pint Ride!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
The Inaugural Pint to Pint Ride!

Alright, we're having a nice little "competitive group ride" the day after Halloween... here's the full info on the Pint to Pint so everyone knows what's up! Thanks to my friend Matt for the mapping of the route, And to SolVista guy Andy for the original idea for the ride. The plan is to rock this ride the first Saturday of November on an annual basis, so mark your calendars accordingly, it's going DOWN!

What:
The Pint-to-Pint Ride

When:
Saturday, Nov 1, 2008
HIGH NOON start time, meet at the start pub at 11:00 a.m.

Why:
Beers. Bikes. Bragging rights.

Start:
Ironworks Brewpub
12354 W Alameda Pkwy
Lakewood, CO 80228
Meet up at 11:00 - 11:30 a.m., racing starts at HIGH NOON!
Click for Google Map

Finish:
Golden City Brewery
920 12th St.
Golden, CO‎
Click for Google Map

First off, this IS a "race" - but the only prizes are bragging rights. That's okay, the only entry fee is your pints at each end!

The "race" starts at Ironworks Brewpub with a pint of beer (I would prefer this to be "promoter's" choice i.e. Andy and I will probably pick the double garglebaster or something), then proceed up the sidewalk to the main GM trailhead (Florida?), around the lower traverse of GM and across the footbridge, up Zorro, south on Dakota up and over the hogback, climb through RR and M/W, hop out on the road down to Apex, up Apex and proceed to the top of Chimney Gulch, descend down to Golden City Brewery where each participant quaffs back another pint! First person to set an empty glass on the bar at GCB gets the bragging rights and whatever else they can swindle their friends into giving them.

There won't be any course marshals (Unless I can get my boy Marshal from Green Mountain Sports to show up) so it's all on the Honor System. If you cut the route, be man (or woman) enough to let people know. One last thing: since this is a "friendly yet competitive" group ride (i.e. "race"), there are categories! Two of 'em, to be exact: Men 21+ and Women 21+. Those are the only distinctions, however: anyone holding a Pro/SemiPro NORBA card (in any discipline) or a Cat 1/2 card on road is handicapped one additional pint at each end. Except for Coop, we're holding him to 3 extras fore and aft.

Speaking of the route...

Click the image for more Pint-to-Pint route maps!

Here's a link to the Google Pedometer map of the route:
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2363730

Or check out the same route map on MapMyRide:

If you don't want to participate in the Pint to Pint, show up and ride anyways. I'd prefer everyone that shows up actually does the true "Pint to Pint" but hey it's a free country and ain't nobody makin' a dime offa this (except Ironworks and GCB) so do what ya gotta do. It's all about fun, bragging rights, the general support of Awesomeology, etc. yeah look it up, it's like Scientology, but Awesome!

As posted, the Pint-to-Pint officially kicks it off at HIGH NOON on Saturday, so show up at least 15-30 minutes early so we can get a head count and order the correct number of pints. Start is LeMans style: bikes will be outside, pints will be quaffed inside. Run to your bike and GO. Ironworks opens at 11:00 a.m. and I am not responsible for (nor would I EVER encourage! :D) any ADDITIONAL pints that anyone decides to drink prior to the start of the Pint-to-Pint!

See ya'll there!

Last edited:

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
No... I'm correct. I've been in it.

Not ONE decent beer.

:disgust1:
I tell ya SS, if it ain't IPA it sucks right? Well Mr. High and Mightly IPA Drinkin' Pants I've been there too and I stand by my statement.

No sir, a person with real taste will appreciate all types of beer:cheers:

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
This sounds killer! I cant go. :(

I will be on Chimney in the morning though.

Edit

Or maybe I will..

Last edited:

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
I rode home, and promptly had a flat on the FRONT tire 5 min after I got in the garage. WTF? Two flats on a ride, has not happened in a while.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Steph caught FOUR flats coming down Chimney Gulch, and the next morning I checked my bike and noticed a rear flat! WTF?!?!

Great "race" though... so much fun!

Last edited:

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
Thanks for organizing E! Always need more fun, side grass roots rides\races, wish there was more of that goin on. :happydance: