Quantcast

The Jan Claiming Innocence

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
http://www.velonews.com/race/int/articles/10450.0.html

So the Jan is claiming innocence but and complaining that T-Mobile wants him to prove himself innocent instead of making someone else prove he is guilty. Seeing some of the evidence against him is a bag of blood, wouldn't it be easy to prove himself innocent with a blood test? Now there may be some red tape involved in getting this done but I think in this case it would be pretty easy for Jan to clear his name if he is clean.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
I'm surprised more of the pro field doesn't have a problem with this whole guilty until proven innocent trend.

I could very well drop a list of names on the ground near a UCI official with scriblings talking about EPO, transfusions, etc,... It doesn't mean it actually happened.

Shouldn't someone have to find them guilty before booting them from the tour?

rooftest

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
OC, CA
Well, I had wondered how Jan was able to show up fat and out of shape to the Giro with a plan to "get in shape for the tour", not even finish that race, and then win just before the Tdf and cruise in as a favorite. Doping sure explains some things....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
peter6061 said:
I'm surprised more of the pro field doesn't have a problem with this whole guilty until proven innocent trend.

I could very well drop a list of names on the ground near a UCI official with scriblings talking about EPO, transfusions, etc,... It doesn't mean it actually happened.

The pro field seems to have little problem with anything related to drugs, they seemed unconcerned about people using drugs or about folks getting booted guilty or not. I can only guess but I would say there is a lot of peer pressure for people to keep their mouths shut.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
i'm getting more and more pissed off about this whole thing. Rumors about basso moving to disco were stamped out by his director who said "no he’s not. we have a professional relationship now and he's getting ready for the vuelta and i dont see any reason for him not too"
wtf he JUST KICKED HIM OUT OF THE TOUR and he's making plans for him to race the vuelta?

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
peter6061 said:

it's how the european court system is structured.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
indieboy said:
it's how the european court system is structured.
Court system? The teams all agreed last year to not let anyon race who is under any serious investigation, no rider has yet been charged by any government or had anything done to them by ruling bodies. T-Mobil e had gone a little farther and said Jan must prove he is innocent or he is off the team. Like I said earlier if he was innocent he could be crying for tests that could prove the bagO'blood was not his.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
indieboy said:
but it is still how their system is structured. it's how their general thought process works.
Ugh... I should give you bad rep for that comment but I won't because you probably haven't taken the time to think about what you wrote... critical thought ain't what it used to be. :monkey:

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
ok i'm no longer getting on the internet after a night filled with strip clubs and a day filled with complete jackasses at work.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Westy said:
The Jan has just been officially fired by T-Mobile for being implicated in Puerto.
...and by FAX, no less. DOH! :agree:

T-Mobile sacked Jan Ullrich, their star rider of ten years, by fax for his involvement in Spain's doping probe, the rider said on his website on Friday. Ullrich, who was suspended from riding in the Tour de France, said that he was "disappointed" and that his lawyers would contest the decision.