Quantcast

The Jan to speak

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
From Cycling News:

Former T-Mobile leader Jan Ullrich, who was implicated in the Spanish Operacion Peurto affair, will soon be holding a conference where he will talk in detail about "the events of the last few years", according to Sports Wereld.

"I will talk, and I will give my detailed opinion regarding the events of the last few years," the now retired rider said. "But I will do that at the moment that I feel is the right moment."

"I am, at the moment, looking for the right medium, so that my version of events is presented without being misunderstood," explained the German 1997 Tour de France winner. Ullrich, who has always denied his involvement with doping, didn't give any further details other than he would not talk during the Tour de France.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
"I am, at the moment, looking for the right medium, so that my version of events is presented without being misunderstood," explained the German 1997 Tour de France winner.
"I am being the Kaiser the crusher of souls and destroyer of many of the sexy bike pumps. I am not being needing to defend the actions of The Jan to lesser peoples. I am being in the process of being spinning this to The Jan's favor. The sexy bike pumps will not being able to resist my massive thighs after I am being done with these trivial things like press conferences."

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Jan needs to stick it to T-Mobile/Telecom. All this talk about organized team doping with the Telecom managers head guys involved... and then T-Mobile having the nerve to say they are going to sue Jan for fraud if he is found guilty of doping. T-Mobile/Telecom is full of sh!t. I hope he narcs them out and they get prosecuted. I'm jsut afraid the poor guy will get sued for fraud like they have been saying.

If enough riders say they pushed them to dope then its only a matter of time till T-Mobile has to fess up.

L

luelling

The thing I hate the most about the doping confessions is the way ASO treats them. I read today they are going to remove Zabel's first green jersey victory from the books becuase he admitted to doping once that year. How does that conclusively prove he doped during the Tour? (he probably did, but still) And it seems a bit counter productive to fighting the doping problem

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
The thing I hate the most about the doping confessions is the way ASO treats them. I read today they are going to remove Zabel's first green jersey victory from the books becuase he admitted to doping once that year. How does that conclusively prove he doped during the Tour? (he probably did, but still) And it seems a bit counter productive to fighting the doping problem
They shold just wipe the record boards clean just to be on the safe side. This year will go on the books as the First Annual Tour De France.

L

luelling

They shold just wipe the record boards clean just to be on the safe side. This year will go on the books as the First Annual Tour De France.
LOL....that would be the only way to make sure! BUT, they will probably find 15 years from now Vino is on junk

Kihaji

Norman Einstein
Jan 18, 2004
He "admitted" to doping, how much more conclusive do you need? And they are also taking Riis yellow away that year as well. So they are consistent.

Hans

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
Copenhagen, Denmark
Dunno abput their consistency, they told Riis he wasn't welcome, but there are plenty of people who've fessed up to the same thing who are involved with the tour this year. Dunno if it's really helping to get things out in the open if people get crucified for doing so!?