Quantcast

The Kadvang and Zack hit Whistler '05 (lots of pictures)

Zack

Monkey
Apr 5, 2004
West Menlo
After almost missing our flight, we somehow managed to get to Whistler in time for the Crankworx slopestyle. We decided to unpack our bikes when we got there, and after an interesting debate with a Panpacific employee, we were forced to keep our bikes out of our rooms, leaving the entrance to the Panpacific as our bike workshop. A few minutes later, we look up as we lift up my frame to put in the fork in, and there is Cedric himself, a girl under each arm of course. I could go on, but that right there pretty much describes the vibe of the whole trip. It was killer. Here are the pictures.

View from our hotel room - sweet

Daniel using that supple travel of his

Zack's old Balfa's still going strong

The orange goggles are hawt

Sun is good

That sweet table on lower A-line

Zack crankin' it up (one of the new trails - a good warm-up run)

Daniel doing the same

Let's send this picture to Daniel's girlfriend

Bahahaha.

A pretty steep rock face on No Joke

Pull that dorado up

Rep the TLD

He thought he was cool wearing no pads. Then he fell.

On Tuesday we rode A River Runs Through It - cool trail.

Definitely something we don't have much of here in Cali - a legal trail that's actually cool.

Zack on that step-up out of the berm on A-line before Hornet

Breakfast on the day of our departure

Don't touch my food

Back to Vancouver airport...How sad...

Fiddy.

Oh I'm sorry did I wake you.

The end.
Until next year...

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
Schweeeet!!! Nice pics. I'm leaving for Whistler on Wednesday w/a buddy of mine. We're driving up so it'll be fun since we are goin' to try and hit some spots along I-5 the way.

How was the weather? 60's, 70's? It's obviously sunny and warm in the pics but I didn't know if the weather changes and becomes overcast and cold.

I don't want to not pack a sweatshirt or two and have to freeze my balls off.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Every time I see all these dry pictures from Whistler I get depresse thinking about all the rain and mud I had in July.

How does Kadvang maintain that hair?

Hey and good pictures.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Echo said:
I think the Whistler village has a law saying businesses are only allowed to have hot college chicks as employees.

And they must all be from around the world. There where tons of hot chicks everywhere in the village.

BTW Did anyone else see the beautiful twins working at the Longhorn the night of the Ryan Leech demo? :drool:

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Wohooo. Glad you had a good time and glad you hit up River. Good fun trail to get peoples lips whet on some stunt work. Did you ever hit Gargamel?

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Whistler is better wet. This dry stuff is ****e. I find it way easy to hook up when the ground is wet (not soaked of course haha)

Roasted said:
Whistler is better wet. This dry stuff is ****e. I find it way easy to hook up when the ground is wet (not soaked of course haha)
I would agree, the lower mountin was good, but it sucked riding in the rain with all the stunts/rock faces wet,and not being able to ride up top without being covered with mud from head to toe.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
I was up there this past weekend. Nice cloud cover to keep things cool. Short lift lines - for some reason it wasn't a busy weekend. Bone dry, but not too dusty. Garbanzo was fast. Hit the new drop, berms and jumps on Freight Train that opened up yesterday. It was nice, although not all packed in yet.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Sweet pics mang, looks like you had a good trip. Yeah I prefer it to be dry up there but the wet is fun too - just a different kind of challenge. You haven't lived til you slide the roots on No Joke in the slop, or ride Clown Shoes in the wet, or have your tires slide out when launching a big lip...argh I gotta get back up there...

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
the hochimin pic.......it's fun when you use that rock towards the start as a launcher and hip it out.......did 5 in a row, non-stop top to village runs saturday, all different trail combo's.....was so wasted and so loved it.....

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
I didn't even clue in that was ho chi. Oh man, sometimes I wonder where my brain is. I even though, wonder where that wall ride is...hahaha