Quantcast

The Killswitch has been Engaged!

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Last Killswitch in this years run (grey 23" TT)
Fox 831 with a slightly stretched top out spring sitting at 4.5 inches
Saint rear brake(front installed for racing season)
Saint shifter/derailur with a SRAM cassette
Atomlab bars/truvativ stem
Marz seat on thompson post
Saint cranks
E13 SRS
5050XX pedals
Black Market headset
ODI grips
SB8 tires
Industry 9 laced to pimplite to top it off/

Weighing in at 31.68 pounds (blackmarket built to 26 with a singlespeed build with alot of the same parts)

I LOVE IT, only spent 10 minutes on it, but it can ride street pretty comfortably and it pops real well, Guna race some DS and 4X on it come may!

First black market i have owned, but WOW, the build and craftsmen ship is awesome, 6 Cable guides for both brake, and derailur. Very clean design that looks quality(but to be honest, i dont know anything about making frames) nice headtube badge, cool linkages, and does exactly what its supposed to, very excited to get some ride time on it tomorrow.

If you dont like that i got another bike, dont bitch about it, I had most of the parts, its my choice, my money, lets keep this 1 civil.

Last edited:

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Local guy has one, got a chance to ride it on our pump track. Awesome bike, felt real good.

Enjoy it!

chuckie

Monkey
Jul 2, 2007
looks very nice!! looks like it would be pretty easy to get her to shed a bit of weight too.

please give us a full review when you have had some quality ride time on her...very interested in how they pedal as well

anyone know when the 2011 frames come out? I hope it comes in that Green that was seen at Interbike

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
looks very nice!! looks like it would be pretty easy to get her to shed a bit of weight too.

please give us a full review when you have had some quality ride time on her...very interested in how they pedal as well

anyone know when the 2011 frames come out? I hope it comes in that Green that was seen at Interbike
glossy green, purple, and black. (no more flats next year) should be done around the end of may(but we all know the bike industry)

BmxConvert

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Longview, Washington
I've been looking into getting set up with BlackMarket so that I can combine my Chase and my Arrow into one bike. They seem like they would be really fun frames.

That bike looks squashed. It is really low. I'm a bit dissapointed by doing a fantastic build spec and then making a tube chainstay wrap look hack. With 5 extra minutes you can make it look super clean and hardly noticable. Other wise... Nice!:thumb:

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
I've been looking into getting set up with BlackMarket so that I can combine my Chase and my Arrow into one bike. They seem like they would be really fun frames.

That bike looks squashed. It is really low. I'm a bit dissapointed by doing a fantastic build spec and then making a tube chainstay wrap look hack. With 5 extra minutes you can make it look super clean and hardly noticable. Other wise... Nice!:thumb:
Its super hard! There is a cable that goes through it, and i didnt have any chainstay wraps big enough, took the tube and did it like a roadie handlebar, guess it didnt work, any ideas?

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
Wow, how tall are you? My boss built a 23 and it's really long for that type of bike...

Not judging you on this, but it always seems like this bike should be singlespeed with it's design. I got to ride with Carter a couple months back and he has two bikes built. One singlespeed for jumping, the other had gears just like yours. He had a Vengeance HLR at 130mm and a dropper post for trail riding...

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Wow, how tall are you? My boss built a 23 and it's really long for that type of bike...

Not judging you on this, but it always seems like this bike should be singlespeed with it's design. I got to ride with Carter a couple months back and he has two bikes built. One singlespeed for jumping, the other had gears just like yours. He had a Vengeance HLR at 130mm and a dropper post for trail riding...
I called them up, and basically, to the inch, it could go either way(22/23) im 5-11 and he told me go 23 since i ride DH, that seemed long so i measured all my bikes and found them to be 21.5 and almost 22(probably wrong)i told him i ride a superco in a "regular" and he says go 22, after badgering the poor guy for 45 minutes, we decide im 100% full dice screwed, they had ONE 23 left, and new bikes are aimed for end of may, so i figured, there is my decision. after riding it, it seems a tad long (but my banshee wildcard is a 23.1) and i LOVED the fit on that. I am trying it now, I think i need to raise the bars at least 3 inches, because it feels SUPER low and far away, but after a ride tomorrow time will tell, i dont want to judge the bike to much until i get some time on it, i HATED my banshee for the first 2 months, now i LOVE it.

I plan to run singlespeed for the winter, but i had the stuff for gears(thanks diablo!) but nothing for singlespeed, and im trying to train a little bit, so the gears will help me ride around town, which is probably going to be 80% of the riding it gets after the weather goes to **** here, in less than a month, also wanted to test to see how decent it works, i may race it next year, only time and experiencing will tell.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
that looks rad, really like those frames. I would definitely run it as a singlespeed...concentric BB pivot lends itself wonderfully to that. The front looks super low, but I see you've figured that out.

I wouldn't be too scared of the TT...I used to ride an arrow DS3, which had a 23.5 ETT, and that thing was superb...just felt natural. You know what you like, but I'd give it time, I bet you'll find it's alright.

I'm curious as to how you think it pedals...my arrow was one of the worst pedaling bikes I've had, coming from LTSs, Brooklyns, Sundays, etc etc. Definitely would have benefited from a "band-aid" spv/platform shock. Maybe the linkage on the killswitch helps though.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Its super hard! There is a cable that goes through it, and i didnt have any chainstay wraps big enough, took the tube and did it like a roadie handlebar, guess it didnt work, any ideas?
I usually cut the tube open into a ~2" wide strip andwrap it like bar tape, no need for any zip ties; use vinyl tape to lock down the end wrap.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
That thing is mean looking. So low slung.

Are you gonna use it for indyX races or stick with the Wildcard?
ill probably stick with the wildcard, I am a firm believe that you need at least 6 inches of travel to be competitive on that track, i may race it for the us open though, since its all pretty and groomed for that. Its set up as what im going to call a "soft tail", it pedals great, mostly because there is enough lsc to jump small jumps and not have it compress.

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
Bring it up to Highland tomorrow for closing day and the last hoorah! looks like that thing would be fun there, and the weather is going to be beautiful.

DhDork

Monkey
Mar 30, 2007
Hell, AZ
Velcro or that rubber pipe tape. So much cleaner and lasts longer.

-KT
Another vote for velcro! Cut it custom to the frame and its super quiet. If you get the industrial strength velcro it has a super strong hold! Great for the other parts on the bike you want to protect or quiet down too.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
almost bought a KS but I found the Tazer was much nicer. Also your 4 1/2 pounds heavier then my Tazer and over 2 1/2 pound heavier then my am Guitr.

Last edited:

Demomonkey

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Auckland New Zealand
Roadtape starting from rear to front then electrical tape (good quality non-stretch) around the end of the raodie tape at the front of the stay, then two x zip ties around electrical tape.

Or extra wide sticky back velcro cut to fit - best to take rear triangle off to get into tight bits and for extra clean finish.

That tube zip tie combo is an abomination

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Bike looks killer. Really like it. Could make a really good all around bike

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
looking for help dialing in the setup/geometry

Front feels a little low, but at the same time, i dont neccessarily think that rocking 3+ riser bars is the answer, i dont have enough steerer(on this fork-plans for a new 1 in the works), so i cant toss spacers in there(if i should?)
TT feels fine, little longer than im used to riding on a DJ bike, but id say im 90% happy with the fit.

discuss

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
The bars you have look like they're 3/4 rise. Maybe 2 inch would work.

You've inspired me to maybe take home the 22 we have in the shop. (Swapping parts from a MOB I have.) I'm probably going to try some BlackMrkt bars actually. They have a 2.5 rise (29 width) that I think will go good with my Argyle in the 100mm setting...

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
The bars you have look like they're 3/4 rise. Maybe 2 inch would work.

You've inspired me to maybe take home the 22 we have in the shop. (Swapping parts from a MOB I have.) I'm probably going to try some BlackMrkt bars actually. They have a 2.5 rise (29 width) that I think will go good with my Argyle in the 100mm setting...
im 5'11" FWIW...DO IT!, i THINK the bars are 1 inch, stem is nothing significant. I think ill probably try a 2 or 2.5 inch bar, only because this is REALLY low, its borderline dangerous.