Quantcast

The Knot

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I tied it this weekend. It was everything I could have hoped for. Even got to ride pump track during the reception.

That is all. :weee:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Attaboy! Welcome to the club. A word of advice...never forget teh 3 rings of marriage. The engagement ring. The wedding ring. And the suffering.

Dont tell my wife I posted that. She hates it!

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Congratulations!! I trust you rode the pump track in your tux? :picsstfu:
When the pics surface I'll swing one in here. But yea man! How else could I ride my bike on my wedding day?!

And it feels like I've heard every welcome to hell, you are entering death you fool, phrase/comment/advice/joke that exists. It seems that alot of men feel the ball and chain. She says I can still ride bikes when I want. I've only been married for 48 hours though so we'll see how it plays out ;)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Congrats!

In a related note, I might get married soon as well (again, to my second wife. Interesting story may follow if approved :rofl: ).

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
for the beer monkeys:

5 craft beers and 1 9% hard cider, all from breweries around the Northwest. It included a porter from Mackos place of business down at the PCB. Laughing Dog Alpha IPA, Yakima Craft Brewery IPA, Skagit River Lager, Methow Valley Cider, and Hefeweizen from Ironhorse Brewery in Ellensburg.

Rob: Vermont is a long ways away! I rode pumptrack in my backyard.

thanks everybody

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
for the beer monkeys:

5 craft beers and 1 9% hard cider, all from breweries around the Northwest. It included a porter from Mackos place of business down at the PCB. Laughing Dog Alpha IPA, Yakima Craft Brewery IPA, Skagit River Lager, Methow Valley Cider, and Hefeweizen from Ironhorse Brewery in Ellensburg.

Rob: Vermont is a long ways away! I rode pumptrack in my backyard.

thanks everybody
Must spread rep.:thumb:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Pump track? Is that your name for the little woman?:weee:
It would make sense.
Pump tracks are alot like a woman.

They take a whole lot of work.
They are more fun to ride when the mounds are nice and round.
The really curvy ones are the best.
And on average, one week out of the month they are too messy to ride.
But all the trouble aside, they are really great to have right beside you.

Congrats.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Never understood why people would go through all the same bs for a second time.. but congrats:thumb:
We never should have gotten divorced, but you know what they say about a woman scorned. Not only did she file, but she got the judge to waive the waiting period and sign the order without a response from me and getting nearly half my take home pay in support for 5 years.

I learned my lesson.

I love her, never stopped loving her. I just got stupid and it became all about me when it isn't about me.

So let that be a lesson to all you young jackasses. Respect your woman and appreciate her with every breath.

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
We never should have gotten divorced, but you know what they say about a woman scorned. Not only did she file, but she got the judge to waive the waiting period and sign the order without a response from me and getting nearly half my take home pay in support for 5 years.

I learned my lesson.

I love her, never stopped loving her. I just got stupid and it became all about me when it isn't about me.

So let that be a lesson to all you young jackasses. Respect your woman and appreciate her with every breath.
I try but sometimes I just want to douse her in diesel and shoot her w/ a bottle rocket.:popcorn:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
well if the pumptrack metaphor works it means that I put in about 15 times the work vs riding. Yikes.

Really, the goal is to find enjoyment in the work. Then its all good. Digging trails is as much fun as riding them, almost.