Quantcast

THE LAND freeride park...What's This?

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
it is a private park somewhere in central NY that a group of guys created. I think they made a couple attempts to get public access but were shot down by owners or insurance people.

Do a search, there was a pretty long thread about the place a year or two ago.

Jonkranked may have actually ridden there once or knows someone who is involved??

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
my buddy Nick and his friends (friends of jonkranked) built the stuff on one of theirs friends private land.
just a bunch of dudes making stuff they want to ride

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
it is a private park somewhere in central NY that a group of guys created. I think they made a couple attempts to get public access but were shot down by owners or insurance people.

Do a search, there was a pretty long thread about the place a year or two ago.

Jonkranked may have actually ridden there once or knows someone who is involved??
i was involved with it (building stunts primarily) at the beginning pretty much up until i moved away from upstate NY. the guy that owns the property is VERY much involved with it.

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
There's a facebook group for The Land, and according to what's been posted on it, they're trying to open it up to the public this summer. Just passing along what I've read on there. I have no actual insider info.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
There's a facebook group for The Land, and according to what's been posted on it, they're trying to open it up to the public this summer. Just passing along what I've read on there. I have no actual insider info.
Ha, last thing I'd do if I had that on private land is open it up to the public. What a headache that would be for just a normal person to deal with. It's unlikely he's looking to turn this into a business or anything.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ha, last thing I'd do if I had that on private land is open it up to the public. What a headache that would be for just a normal person to deal with. It's unlikely he's looking to turn this into a business or anything.
Old news, private property, not open to the public.
Last I spoke with the owner (earlier this year), it seemed that the plan is indeed to open to the public, but on a "make a reservation date to come ride" sort of deal.

Wrecker 151

Chimp
Mar 16, 2005
Rochester, NY
The Land will be pay to ride. A day pass will include shuttle runs to the top. Riders will be limited to 40 (or less) per day. Parking space is limited and the riding experience is best with fewer riders. Due to those conditions, riders will reserve and pay online for the days they want to ride in advance. Details will be posted to our Facebook page and freeridepark.com as soon as it becomes finalized.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The Land will be pay to ride. A day pass will include shuttle runs to the top. Riders will be limited to 40 (or less) per day. Parking space is limited and the riding experience is best with fewer riders. Due to those conditions, riders will reserve and pay online for the days they want to ride in advance. Details will be posted to our Facebook page and freeridepark.com as soon as it becomes finalized.
There you have it folks. Straight from the horses mouth.