Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I'd softened the fork recently as she wasn't getting full travel. Looks like it might need tweaking.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
great ride in le pisgah. for those who know, yancey and yellowbuck. 3600' and 24 miles doesn't seem like a super big ride but i am whooped. 60* and sunny. maybe two weeks until full leaf surf season is in effect. buddy with a 29" ss hardtail joined me for yellowbuck. dude can fucking shred. some random pics.
table rock in the distance. green means go there.

climbing up into the pretty

end of the last climb on yancey before shit gets hectic. my bike's at the top somewhere

hile a bike up yellowbuck. buddy's leading the way

at the top, ready to descent through le gnar.

ain't no beer better than a creek beer

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Actually its a very small striped bass. Still fun on light tackle tho. More importantly, it was rad to be outside again. Awesome Pisgah Norf pics btw.
i kid, i kid...buddies and i have a long running joke that every fish caught in an nc lake is a GARRRRRRRRRR

and yeah, heal up so we can finally shred some wilsons together!

Katz

Monkey
Jun 8, 2012
Arizona
The closing weekend at Snow Summit, only one chair operating and the main blue trail was already closed. 40-minute wait for the lift, and the jump trail was filled with beginners and punters, coming to dead stop right before drops and jumps (you can roll 99% of them). It was a major cluster.

IMG_2928.JPG

I crashed when an idiot walking his bike tried to cross the trail in the landing area of a jump after I got airborne. Managed to land on my feet then tumbled on left hand/elbow on dirt. Felt good enough to keep riding afterwards, but this morning I woke up with swollen tricep tendon, dull pain, and limited range of motion. Ugh.

Also my recently-purchased MRP Sxg chain guide came with a tiny upper guide for some reason, unlike what you see on their website. The chain came off 3 times with the guide adjusted according to the online installation guide, which I actually read for a change. Rotated the whole guide counter-clockwise and lowered the upper guide trying to keep the chain on (which helped), but then this happened twice.

IMG_2926.JPG

My chain length is correct, the B-screw is on tighter side, and the M9000 derailleur has a pretty stiff clutch. I never had an issue with my old E13 upper guide. I think the issue will be resolved by the long upper guide which Sxg is supposed to come with anyway. MRP will be hearing from my LBS or myself tomorrow.

On a positive note, I met a couple of nice people and I slept reasonably well on a hotel bed.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The closing weekend at Snow Summit, only one chair operating and the main blue trail was already closed. 40-minute wait for the lift, and the jump trail was filled with beginners and punters, coming to dead stop right before drops and jumps (you can roll 99% of them). It was a major cluster.

View attachment 137935

I crashed when an idiot walking his bike tried to cross the trail in the landing area of a jump after I got airborne. Managed to land on my feet then tumbled on left hand/elbow on dirt. Felt good enough to keep riding afterwards, but this morning I woke up with swollen tricep tendon, dull pain, and limited range of motion. Ugh.

Also my recently-purchased MRP Sxg chain guide came with a tiny upper guide for some reason, unlike what you see on their website. The chain came off 3 times with the guide adjusted according to the online installation guide, which I actually read for a change. Rotated the whole guide counter-clockwise and lowered the upper guide trying to keep the chain on (which helped), but then this happened twice.

View attachment 137936

My chain length is correct, the B-screw is on tighter side, and the M9000 derailleur has a pretty stiff clutch. I never had an issue with my old E13 upper guide. I think the issue will be resolved by the long upper guide which Sxg is supposed to come with anyway. MRP will be hearing from my LBS or myself tomorrow.

On a positive note, I met a couple of nice people and I slept reasonably well on a hotel bed.
Never mind the chain... what cracked frame are you riding? :eek:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Moar rox, slabs and spines were ridden today. Much easier in the dry today compared to last weekend.

Perfect conditions.

The lady friend navigating an off camber rock slab.

This off camber climb was fun. Cant put in full pedal strokes in a few spots and if you slip off, it's a fairly significant hill to the left...

Probably the last of riding the rocks up north for the year though. :(

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

View attachment 137935

View attachment 137936

I am not saying you need a new chainring but ...