Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Rode a new to me trail on the north shore of the island. This was the only hilly section more or less but Denmark is in general flat.

Rode with old DH buddies so that was fun and legs felt great.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
First "real" ride of the year (with climbs, descents, and dirt). Felt unbelievably good:
1587405984836.png

1587405984016.png

edited to add for the benefit of @Jozz: yes, this is Kanata Lakes. What it lacks in elevation, it gives back in "'physicality" this loop certainly beats the shizz out of your hands and shoulders... but I think my push-up/pull-up/face-pull routine is paying off!!!

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
After a hard week of work and a ten day post oral surgery layoff from working out I really needed this ride. 25 miles. The back roads were empty so I didn't need to mask up until the last 5 miles where my route took me onto the Isabel Ave Class A multi-use path. too many damn folks not to cover up. It was 70 when I headed out, 87 by the time I got back

[

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Lady friends first ride on a "road" type bike. Her first remarks were "where the fuck are the brakes, why aren't they working and damn this is harsh..."

But it was good. :D Hopefully the weather holds and we can cruise up the lake a bit more some day soon.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
A totem - picked it up on the trail, near Thumb Butte in Prescott, maybe, riding with my amiga.
Man, I've ridden so much around there. We even had some "northshore" built back there back in the day before they thinned the forest. Luckily riding has exploded and they've started to use the natural features (rocks) in the trail design, rather than avoiding them and the terrible stuff from before. Was actually supposed to be riding there today in the race...

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
looks sweet-where in ct/eastern ny is that?
Just outside Danbury. Mix of two Ridgefield open space parks, one state park, one state forest. Pine Mtn/Hemlock Hills/Bennett's Pond/Wooster Mtn.

Where I ride probably over half the time just because it's five minutes from the house. An hour quickly to all day if I want. Can connect a few otherthings if feeling dumber than normal.

All for the most part chunky updownupdown. Not much for longer descents, just due to the terrain. We don't exactly have a lot of vert to work with. And all the rocks. So much fucking rock.

Last edited: