Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
IMG_7658.JPG

Most rides are with my little guy. We went to go watch the empty trains go by in the evening. One lonely passenger waved to us.

He asked me a funny question the other day. He looked at the head badge and said, "is your bike a pirate bike?" I paused for a second and said, "yes it is, definitely." He responded, "Cool, I can tell." :)

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
quick fun ride. pushed up the pirate dh trail on the mountain we build many years ago and that the kids have been using. it still sucks. lol. decided to pass on the rock drop part way down, as i was solo and no one ever goes up there.
kids at the pump track ain't doing no social distancing.
yo @boostindoubles - check out dat shirt!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Meta TR29 daily driver and a Clash big bike/lift bike with a wheel swap. Any particular questions?
Meta TR 29 is high on my list for possible next trail bike, the value seems great and their HQ is just down the road. How long have you had it, likes, dislikes?

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Meta TR 29 is high on my list for possible next trail bike, the value seems great and their HQ is just down the road. How long have you had it, likes, dislikes?
Was on a medium for about a year, recently swapped to a large. Muey bien.

Even my build with lite bits is still 31# minimum. But it's a brick shithouse. I have no qualms about taking any side lines or alternate stupid lines. I'm not racing. It is a stout frame, to say the least.

I'm a sucker for a good linkage SP bike, and these are very good. Not sure what you're on ATM.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
quick fun ride. pushed up the pirate dh trail on the mountain we build many years ago and that the kids have been using. it still sucks. lol. decided to pass on the rock drop part way down, as i was solo and no one ever goes up there.
kids at the pump track ain't doing no social distancing.
yo @boostindoubles - check out dat shirt!

Those pump tracks look so good. Wish we had something even remotely as nice around here.

Got in a ride tonight. Drizzling rain all day left the trails with hero dirt and slippery roots. Awesome ride. And because of the weather, not a single other person in the forest.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Nice shirt, I hope it gets you beers. Wheres that pumptrack at? Is it a velosolutions track?
i need to wear it out to breweries, i guess! wonder if they supply any in charlotte.
yeah - it's a velosolutions track - poston park, lowell, nc. resbull has (and will do more) events there. it's always got happy kids on it. not the ideal place for my nomad, but super glad it's there!

I kind of miss those kinds of rocks, but I don't miss flat tires and absurd pressures.
doubledown has really been great in that stuff when pointed down and going at speed. exo at a good pressure helped, but still pinch flatted on impact, got small punctures, or blew the bead some.not with the DD.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
i need to wear it out to breweries, i guess! wonder if they supply any in charlotte.
yeah - it's a velosolutions track - poston park, lowell, nc. resbull has (and will do more) events there. it's always got happy kids on it. not the ideal place for my nomad, but super glad it's there!

doubledown has really been great in that stuff when pointed down and going at speed. exo at a good pressure helped, but still pinch flatted on impact, got small punctures, or blew the bead some.not with the DD.
I run DD up front and have no interest in pedaling with one in the rear. But steep trails and round rocks put a lot less stress on the rear tire.

Shizzon

Monkey
Jun 25, 2015
Great ride yesterday after work on a local out-n-back trail that offers some decent chunk and views from the top!
95F47FB6-5147-4849-A98D-32F644662938.jpeg

89123DA8-ACC9-47D9-B387-0CE23BC2EBA5.jpeg

The Smash continues to impress me as a do-it-all bike!

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I think i am going to have a great relationship with this bike. Did 5 laps of a local trail called 7n, maybe 2k climbing, which is amazing for the new knee. it felt great, and i even did some 'technical' terrain. Pics are useless for tech features without a rider in it, though.

And some pics from the road ride the day before...

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
I met up with the @Serial Midget yesterday to start our yearly fatness to fitness campaign at Lewis & Clark Caverns.

He seems to be doing well -- still slinging baubles and trinkets on the 'net, contemplating N+1 (fancy Specialized e-bike), and has not yet cut his hair since reTIREDment...

IMG_20200430_144756.jpg

We saw but a small handful of biker (6) / hikers (10) as I think the majority of bro-pedal traffic has moved to Copper City -- overlook from the vape-shed meadow before the final drop in on the Eastside Trail...

IMG_20200430_144818.jpg

And the best reason to ride: libations (variety 12-pack...)

I didn't realize / read the fine print re: fruit additives and Reinheitsgebot but the beer was "acceptable" and more importantly cold as the Midge is less tolerant of warm beer than I am...

IMG_20200430_144832.jpg

Last edited:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I have given up on the strava lines popping up everywhere now, what pisses me off is people started closing down the A-lines. Stop fucking with the trails, Joeys! :butcher:
Yeah I know. Haven't given up yet. I'm in the woods more often than those Karens. When I spot a recurring problem spot, I nail big logs together using foot long nails. I call it the Triangle of Frustration.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
hoping to get out to the local trails tomorrow to dig some drains, re-dirt some berms, and maybe shit down some cut throughs. from what i can tell, they're 99% by hikers.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
hoping to get out to the local trails tomorrow to dig some drains, re-dirt some berms, and maybe shit down some cut throughs. from what i can tell, they're 99% by hikers.

Hikers who try to walk side by side cause most trail widening and alternative lines IME.

Key is to make the trail narrow enough that it is never possible.