Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Oh yay. More dirt sidewalk going in at the cost of older technical bits. Sigh. Even the mushroom is offended. Just love me some flat, 90 degree corners.
IMG_0209.JPG
IMG_0218.JPG

My closest/favorite local spot, and the techy bits are slowly being whittled away.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Oh yay. More dirt sidewalk going in at the cost of older technical bits. Sigh. Even the mushroom is offended. Just love me some flat, 90 degree corners. View attachment 147567View attachment 147568

My closest/favorite local spot, and the techy bits are slowly being whittled away.
That sort of stuff is soul crushing. Nothing like spending years trying to ride a particular section cleanly, only to have a trail crew come through and sanitize it.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
That sort of stuff is soul crushing. Nothing like spending years trying to ride a particular section cleanly, only to have a trail crew come through and sanitize it.
Yep. The local municipality that owns the land has basically turned the local NEMBA chapter into their bitch in exchange for some legitimacy. IMO, it wasn't worth the trade. Much "rerouting and improvements" that last couple months, IMO, mostly due to NIMBY hikers complaining to the city.

I like much of what they do for access, but I hate most of what they do for trails.

The best stuff adjoining is still good - it's on state land and they take a more hands off approach.

Last edited:

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
It's only a three hour drive for me so it's not to bad they don't have a lot of trails the hill is big the lift is fast and the trails are long so your time on the lift/ ride time ratio is in the favor of riding not standing in a lift line or sitting on an slow lift

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Still can't ride with the fugged shoulder but I still managed to go play in the mountains. I was gaping all the rootballs in my head on he way down.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
10yo is trying out diving. pool was like 1 mile from out old, abandoned freeride spot i dug a lot at back in the day. went over to check it out this afternoon. hasn't been touched in maybe 8 years. #memories.