Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News

As I was standing there a kid came blazing by, then up and over that big rock to the right of the sign. Once he went out of sight down the back side I heard a loud crash and thud in the dirt. He was alright, but covered in dust. There is a 15' rock face down the back side and he misjudged it I think.

Good to know they put some thought into their trail names.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Fish Creek bit you?

What happened?
Story time...
That's a beautiful ride, until it isn't. Great easy singletrack approach, beautiful skinny trail. Wildflowers everywhere. 2900' descent and finishes at the emergency clinic.

Saw FT and his posse about 6 miles in, they were riding a different exit.

Mike and I started descending fish creek falls, omg that trail is good, maybe 1000' down and I found a sniper rock in the grass with my left pedal and ejected otb landed on back/ right side. Hiked 3.5 hours out with some help. Got xrays of chest, T1/T2, ribs and scapula. Nothing broke (wouldn't know it by how it feels) but bruised and swollen. Right side and Knee is grated too but not a concern.

Now home trying to sit still and not hurt. See you in 4 weeks

Story time...
That's a beautiful ride, until it isn't. Great easy singletrack approach, beautiful skinny trail. Wildflowers everywhere. 2900' descent and finishes at the emergency clinic.

Mike and I started descending fish creek falls, omg that trail is good, maybe 1000' down and I found a sniper rock in the grass with my left pedal and ejected otb landed on back/ right side. Hiked 3.5 hours out with some help. Got xrays of chest, T1/T2, ribs and scapula. Nothing broke (wouldn't know it by how it feels) but bruised and swollen. Right side and Knee is grated too but not a concern.

Heal up, dude!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Story time...

S avoided the ER but had a nasty crash into pointy rocks on Friday. The impact mark just to the side of her lumbar spine was a bullet dodged. I'll tell her you outdid her crash.

Heal up, let us know if we can help.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Story time...

Crap! Heal up/feel better!

I lovelovelovelooooooooooove that trail.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Story time...

Low an slack is where it's at, until it's not. Like getting flung under the bars then run over by your own bike.

Heal up.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Story time...

hang in there man. that's a rough wreck. curious to hear your thoughts on the oneups (although broken now); mine feel significantly less grippy than my atlases. kind of disappointed.

who's mike? not mike zellmer, who recently moved put your way, by chance?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
hang in there man. that's a rough wreck. curious to hear your thoughts on the oneups (although broken now); mine feel significantly less grippy than my atlases. kind of disappointed.

who's mike? not mike zellmer, who recently moved put your way, by chance?
I've not ridden Atlases so no direct comparison but I've been super happy with the Oneups. The rock strike showed a "flaw" in the thin design as both breaks are at pin holes, but I'd buy then again.

Not Zellmer, I don't know him. My buddy Mike is a lifer from the south side who moved out after retiring. Super fast rider.

Katz

Monkey
Jun 8, 2012
Arizona
Story time...

That sucks, Nick. I feel your pain. I separated my left shoulder in 2017 and bruised both wrists severely in 2018, thanks to sniper rocks. I ride on composite pedals with pins removed from the bottom side these days.

Wishing your speedy recovery.

Katz

Monkey
Jun 8, 2012
Arizona
Went to Prescott with friends. We rode some and consumed lots of steaks and beer. Good times.

My buddy John rolling down a rock slab.
glancy.jpg

Another random rock roll. Wasn't particularly steep but had a sharp turn in the middle.
roll.jpg

Approaching a techy climb
climb.jpg

Working on my manual skillz
manual.jpg

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
man, i really hate looking at this thread, makes me realize how much the trails around me absolutely SUCK.
Yea, this thread makes me have serious CO/Moab/PNW withdrawal. Its almost like it was a different life that I was bombing alpine single-track with the CO crew, or riding the BC trails I watched people riding on Pinkbike when I was in HS.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Cool. I may be able to drive up there for ride & beer if I'm home.

You're right, I didn't even notice the prickly pear. Apparently I've been desensitized living in the desert.
I arrive on the 30th of Sept and will be riding there for a few days, then heading over to Payson, but probably riding in Sedona too.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yea, this thread makes me have serious CO/Moab/PNW withdrawal. Its almost like it was a different life that I was bombing alpine single-track with the CO crew, or riding the BC trails I watched people riding on Pinkbike when I was in HS.

Every once in a while I question why I live here and put up with all the bullshit of this job and this town and think about possibly moving. Then I go for a hike or a ride and I am like "I want my ashes scattered on this mountain"

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
yea yea, but over der you can get a wicked nice grindah right in ya hood!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
201F266C-EFAD-4499-A4B3-BC3EA656FA10.jpeg

was hoping to clean everything. Dabbed on this corner so stopped and took out the phone.