Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
1. I do not recall said storm. Was that the Monarch trip?
2. Damn I was fat then.
Yeah the Monarch trip.
There was some wispy little cloud in the distance late evening concerning you. S and I still joke about such clouds in that context :D
Then Nick nearly died of cold trying to camp without sleeping bag or blanket while we were at 8900ft.

I was so excited while packing up my gear I forgot my bag on the garage floor. @Adventurous was kind enough to let me use the dog blanket out of his truck and probably saved my cold ass. I paid him back with real time trail maintenance :D
In 1966 I rode my G15CS from El Paso to New Jersey. One night I was freezing my ass off trying to sleep in a rest stop and somebody was nice enough to give me a blanket.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
We haven't felt like heading to a resort and dealing with people all summer, so drivetrain updates and brand new MT7's on our downhill bikes bought for festivus have gone all summer unused.

We decided to rectify that today with a self shuttle. Drove down the mountain from home with our road bikes, cycled back home, jumped on the DH bikes for a 1300ft descent back to the car.

20200904_174250.jpg

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
We haven't felt like heading to a resort and dealing with people all summer, so drivetrain updates and brand new MT7's on our downhill bikes bought for festivus have gone all summer unused.

We decided to rectify that today with a self shuttle. Drove down the mountain from home with our road bikes, cycled back home, jumped on the DH bikes for a 1300ft decent back to the car.

View attachment 149399
(checks phone for missed call)
:disgust1:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Or you could have used your bro-truck? Or does that permanently have the camper shell?
Camper will be on it for another month or so, but I do need to do something about the water lines if it's going to be sub-freezing Monday night until Wednesday...

Here's one from my favourite ride today:
20200905_101031.jpg

Katz

Monkey
Jun 8, 2012
Arizona
Mellow 30-mile cardio ride yesterday, trying to get my sorry butt back into shape.

I thought we are too far north for native Saguaros. I was wrong.
IMG_4601.JPG

Magma outflow solidified on a quartz outcrop. We have lots of lava rocks but I hadn't seen this before
IMG_4602.JPG

Another old Saguaro
IMG_4603.JPG

Cholla forest
IMG_4598.JPG

Towards the end, I was getting overwhelmed by abundance of freedoms (day time high was 111). Luckily I found a shade large enough to take cover for a few minutes
IMG_4597.JPG