Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Is this peak daylight you get these days? And a frozen lake?
I got out early cuz pow pow, so I was a little before peak. All but the picture on the overlook were after 10, but it didn't seen anywhere near as dark as the pictures indicate. There were still some lingering clouds from the snow storm. Even in the summer pictures come out "dark" up here. We just don't realize it because we have eyes like Riddick.

Lots of frozen swamps.

Just went out and stomped about a mile and half of new trail, lots of shoveling and packing. Started pretty bright, but yeah, the light goes away fast.

Saw this dude a few min before he took this picture, sun was starting to shine through a little by then:
1606093375516.png

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
If that’s not a hand cycle, that dude is weird.
It's not and yeah, it's weird. It severely limits him to wide open "trails", most of which are XC ski trails. I saw him reach for the tires and push them with his hands when he got stuck. I've seen him on the road a few times too (presumably because he can't ride on singletrack to the area). Screw that.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Looks like an offroad recumbent. There's a bike for every rider out there.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Everyone is being delicate flowers and bailed, so headed out solo. Fun as heck ride. Slid down some steep stuff and generally had a blast. Only had to walk 3 steep uphills where the slush was too slushy. It was raining and foggy out.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Everyone is being delicate flowers and bailed, so headed out solo. Fun as heck ride. Slid down some steep stuff and generally had a blast. Only had to walk 3 steep uphills where the slush was too slushy. It was raining and foggy out.
Just starting to do nasty snow/rain stuff here. I hope it doesn't last. Colder storm behind this one, but it might be miserable.