Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Yeah, I think that particular bike rack makes it look even worse. If I would ever ride it I would try one though, as you say nice on the steep and rowdy.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Just looked it up, the Doctahawk is 62°! Sheesh, Ok maybe not the rack.

Yours is 65° or 64° for the newer version right?

My bike is 65-65.5° depending on flipchip, I run it high so 65.5°.

Last edited:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
If you ride stuff like that you would want a full suspension bike and not a slacker head tube angle on the hardtail. :think:
That would be the common wisdom and I agree for 99% of people but... There are some people who own it on hardtails, almost like the exceptions who prove the rule.

So: This is Yeah Gnar, probably the hardest legal trail in Wellington right now (grade 6 — red); first watch this dude ride it for the first time.

(Note: for whatever reason for me at least the embedded videos won’t let you change the playback quality on RideMonkey, but if you watch them inside YouTube app or I guess on desktop then you can turn them up nicely, especially the second one which has 4k).

Yeah Gnar doesn’t start immediately, both chaps ride from the peak (different ways) to it. They both ride a little and then cross a fire road. They drop into Trickle Falls (5/black) and then Yeah Gnar starts with a little right hand fork shortly after the first steep rock roll on TF.

Watch and see how steep some bits are, there are several 4-5’ drops from rocks to rocks on corners and all sorts of hella dangerous bouncy death shit.

To really appreciate the second vid, try and stick with the first one at least until he gets to the little stream at the bottom, which is back on Trickle Falls.

Now watch this fucker ride it on a hardtail, Chromag Stylus; almost unbelievable skill:

(Seriously make sure you turn the vidquality right up and watch in YouTube if you can’t)

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
That would be the common wisdom and I agree for 99% of people but... There are some people who own it on hardtails, almost like the exceptions who prove the rule.
Not arguing that. However, there are too many people that think they are the exception...and they are not.