Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
new bike review, dammit!
I did not die, yet. :D She's wicked low, rails corners like a nutty mofo and luckily I have not forgotten how to ratchet pedals, yet. Makes chunk disappear, pedals uphill surprisingly well but unglueing the rear wheel off the ground takes some effort. I think we'll be friends. :nerd:The only thing I dislike is the chainline, way outboard.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
But can we even trust someone with a Marzocchi fender on his Fox bump stick (to say nothing of the yellow flame stickers that detract from the purple accent colours)?
Wait, it gets worse. It is a Marzocchi (therefore Fox?) sticker on a Syntace fender on a Fox (therefore Marzocchi?) fork.
But, crisis averted, I relocated the offending sticker to my trusted cooler. :Alcoholic:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I did not die, yet. :D She's wicked low, rails corners like a nutty mofo and luckily I have not forgotten how to ratchet pedals, yet. Makes chunk disappear, pedals uphill surprisingly well but unglueing the rear wheel off the ground takes some effort. I think we'll be friends. :nerd:The only thing I dislike is the chainline, way outboard.

You should have just fixed the old bike
41Cl0ocQs5L._AC_.jpg

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I am glad I have not because this thing is insane. It loves to pick up and carry speed when pointed downhill.

(yes, the line goes over the rock to left of the front wheel)

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
One of the local spots "The Pines" is rented from a local conservation authority. It has been a riding spot since before the early 90's when I started riding there. Unfortunately (?) it gets logged every 20 odd years. It was logged last winter (2019-2020) so again needed redevelopment. This time instead of simple stacked loops, they built a series of hubs at the highpoings and then short sessioning trails down. This time the focus is more on the technical side instead of pure XC.

This is the biggest feature out there. It is not too bad except the gap drop landing is sniper steep. Flatting is a not an uncommon occurrence if you come in a bit spicy. I actually prefer the small double drops on the "B" line, probably because my balls have shrunk and I pooped myself on the big one as it is super speed critical.

Pic from top looking down and bottom looking up.

Daves not here drop top.jpg

Daves not here drop bottom.jpg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Left work late, so only had time for a super short ride. The tent caterpillars are chowing down. And so are the mosquitoes.

Kind of just derped around the forest. Found this turn with some hero dirt and I needed to adjust my tire pressure, so when in Rome...:bonk:

Front tire got a little close to this guy. Didn't even realize this sapling was there...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
The good, I brought a shoe for each foot. The bad, not the same shoe and xc shoes really suck for hiking with bike. Had to turn around a little early. Did a lower trail and its too overgrown to ride after today, but this one is good. Fistful of Devils Club and a Few Miles More.
3F505ACB-FD06-447E-8AD5-9CB9AD1D8A1A.jpeg
70EDFEC1-2B10-40AF-BB78-9F8A08B01F42.jpeg
F2B12BE6-5798-463F-9FA5-3C18450F59D0.jpeg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Sudbury?
or is that hush-hush now?
Sudbury has some awesome riding too. More flow than here, for sure. But still very technical. And the rocks in some areas are burned black from all the acid rain from the mines.

Some spots are hush hush, but pretty publicly known. Others are all known and sanctioned.

Have you been?

Most trails in Sudbury look like this...

Old man heading down this big slab...

The black rocks. This area is hidden...but I can point the way if needed...:thumb: