Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Super short ride today. It's super hot here and the girlfriend was getting swarmed by biting flies, do we b-lined it back to the car.

But of course I had to go back and hit this big slab. It looks so small in the picture haha. There is another section above this is much more technical. Mind that wheel snagging root at the bottom...

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
my 36 has finally succumbed to such fuckery. :shakefist:
I really loved my Lyrik on my Nomad...Maybe I just got lucky, but that thing was faultless in the 2 or so years I rode it.
Fortunately I'm still covered under warranty for this 36, but to have bushings go twice in 6 months seems above and beyond the "standard" fuckery that is a creaky CSU.

Meh. First world problems... My neighbour has a new 38 and it started creaking 3 rides in. He has chosen to just ignore it.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I really loved my Lyrik on my Nomad...Maybe I just got lucky, but that thing was faultless in the 2 or so years I rode it.
Fortunately I'm still covered under warranty for this 36, but to have bushings go twice in 6 months seems above and beyond the "standard" fuckery that is a creaky CSU.

Meh. First world problems... My neighbour has a new 38 and it started creaking 3 rides in. He has chosen to just ignore it.
Can you feel the CSU creaking?

My DVO has been making noise...or it's the headset bearings. Ugh, can't tell.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i can't feel any appreciable difference but it makes a creak/crack noise either coming down from a manual or on square edge hits. your basic standard fuckery.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Sounds like you guys could use a lighter Totem.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I guess I am lucky. 3 years on my 36 and it has been fine, other than having a cubic mile of grease in it. Seals do need replacing again.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van

Nope, it's just a click. I've re-greased the headset to the point where I ruled that out.

I CAN feel the loose bushings. Feels like a loose front axle... Pretty annoying when you leave the ground and feel the front end vibrating.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Super short ride today. It's super hot here and the girlfriend was getting swarmed by biting flies, do we b-lined it back to the car.

But of course I had to go back and hit this big slab. It looks so small in the picture haha. There is another section above this is much more technical. Mind that wheel snagging root at the bottom...

Cool Rocks thank.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Nope, it's just a click. I've re-greased the headset to the point where I ruled that out.

I CAN feel the loose bushings. Feels like a loose front axle... Pretty annoying when you leave the ground and feel the front end vibrating.
Check for a crack in your Hub also. Could be something simple like a cracked spoke hole on the flange. The untensioned spoke could be vibrating instead.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Sí, I had an amazing day being shown around by some trail building locals. I hear that Sudbury shield was used by NASA for testing the moon rover way back when, which is pretty cool.
Very cool. Do you remember where you rode?

Azilda?

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Check for a crack in your Hub also. Could be something simple like a cracked spoke hole on the flange. The untensioned spoke could be vibrating instead.
Oh, I’ve fully fondled and jiggled everything to hopefully rule out fuckery. No luckery.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I dare say I find myself a bit jealous. I think I'd enjoy dirt bikes, but there are not enough places around here to justify owning one.
Just buy a house somewhere else

;)

That's a little 125 2 stroke and I can ride it almost as fast downhill as I can a mountainbike on most singletrack. And now uphill and flat zones are also a world cup dh. I'm a fan. Plus I can just pick it up and move it. I waited till I was old and had a proper amount of fear and respect before going down that road. Glad I did though. Having a blast.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Just buy a house somewhere else

;)

That's a little 125 2 stroke and I can ride it almost as fast downhill as I can a mountainbike on most singletrack. And now uphill and flat zones are also a world cup dh. I'm a fan. Plus I can just pick it up and move it. I waited till I was old and had a proper amount of fear and respect before going down that road. Glad I did though. Having a blast.
Nice mountain scooter!
Better than the KTM? You must be a clutch feathering master riding a 125 in the mountains! I loved the 200exc I had.
My wife and I also waited until later in life to start riding enduro.

@Adventurous Feed the curiosity!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Better than the KTM?
Light years better than the KTM handling-wise. That's a 125x and I have zero desire to even touch the suspension. Absolutely love it. No KTM xplor or AER I've ever ridden comes close.

And with what I've done to the carb is actually stronger than the 150/144. Look up "stic metering block". That thing is freakin insane. It's like a turbo that builds on itself. It's a high elevation little bike saver IMO. It's weird. People ride it and swear I'm lying about it being a 125 :rofl:. Before putting that thing on I was always on the clutch hard. Now I usually end up a gear higher than a I think I'm in.

I just ride the same things I like to ride mountainbikes on. Fast rowdy trails. Just a lot more opened up when sustained descents aren't needed for a good time.

The 2 stroke laws here change this year so I actually sold a bunch of bike and sled stuff to go buy a yz250x as well. It's way more torque but not nearly as fun.

Yeah I'm fucked hooked

adventurous: do it

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Do you like breaking bones? Because this is how you break bones.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Some good meadow skipping today. Though having the temp in the low 90F range with near matching humidity sucked.
I find nearly as many of these as I do torn off pedal reflectors.

IMG_3329.JPG
IMG_3331.JPG
IMG_3333.JPG
IMG_3338.JPG
IMG_3339.JPG
IMG_3343.JPG