Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Poor rabbit. Wife hit (and likely killed) a chipmunk stupid enough to run right under her front wheel today, that gave me the sads.
I think chipmunks sit to the side of trails and take bets with each other, to see who can make it between the wheels of passing bikes.

They are very populous here, so it's not uncommon to see them dart out and feel one hit your bike :(

Never seen one actually get hurt though...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
well since i'm busy chasing the little bugger downhill i only ever get pics at the end of the ride. same route as his first mtns ride but now on a full squish that needs a bit more dialing in and in super slippery sketchy conditions. had a few wrecks but rode it all out like a champ. rode all of the fire road climbs with fewer stops. that's mainly my goal this summer-get him from a 1600' climb ride to a 3200' one.
victory on the new rig
1623637886638.jpeg

playing a game we invented-mountains cornhole (throw rocks into small hollowed out pools by the waterfall) with my buddy josh
1623637987809.jpeg

demonstrating the safety third way to open a jar of peanuts (i bet uncle @jackalope would approve)

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
F-ing Texas. The one time I bring my big bike during a work trip instead of the XC, all the trails are closed.
D163FF8F-F12E-4433-8904-AC04578136FD.jpeg

Rode some crap bike paths.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Got up early to check if my de-noising effort worked.
A4662E44-DEF7-4BBA-A711-8A889B4D5869.jpeg

Great success. Bike is nice and stealthy. Quiet fork, fresh BB… very satisfying.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
It. Doesn't. Need. A. Second. Log. You. Wankers.

An example of a shot that fooled my wife into thinking I had muscles.
IMG_3388.JPG
IMG_3400.JPG
IMG_3374.JPG

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Light years better than the KTM handling-wise. That's a 125x and I have zero desire to even touch the suspension. Absolutely love it. No KTM xplor or AER I've ever ridden comes close.

And with what I've done to the carb is actually stronger than the 150/144. Look up "stic metering block". That thing is freakin insane. It's like a turbo that builds on itself. It's a high elevation little bike saver IMO. It's weird. People ride it and swear I'm lying about it being a 125 :rofl:. Before putting that thing on I was always on the clutch hard. Now I usually end up a gear higher than a I think I'm in.

I just ride the same things I like to ride mountainbikes on. Fast rowdy trails. Just a lot more opened up when sustained descents aren't needed for a good time.

The 2 stroke laws here change this year so I actually sold a bunch of bike and sled stuff to go buy a yz250x as well. It's way more torque but not nearly as fun.

Yeah I'm fucked hooked

adventurous: do it
Sounds real nice! Is that stic metering bloc a similar idea to a SmartCarb or Lectron?
I put a Lectron on my 300 exc and it made it so much better everywhere and especially up high in the mountains. We go up 3000’ immediately out the back door and I’m terrible at adjusting carbs so the Lectron makes the bike much easier to ride up high and down low.

I’ll have to try one of those YZ X versions. Sounds like a good time.

@Adventurous did you get a bike yet? N+1 applies to motorcycles as well, you know.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Sounds real nice! Is that stic metering bloc a similar idea to a SmartCarb or Lectron?
I put a Lectron on my 300 exc and it made it so much better everywhere and especially up high in the mountains. We go up 3000’ immediately out the back door and I’m terrible at adjusting carbs so the Lectron makes the bike much easier to ride up high and down low.

I’ll have to try one of those YZ X versions. Sounds like a good time.

@Adventurous did you get a bike yet? N+1 applies to motorcycles as well, you know.
It sort of meters like the lectron/smarty but it's real claim to fame is that it vaporizes fuel using the pilot AND the main at every throttle position. The idea being it lets way more air and fuel get in and atomizes it more effectively. It's fuckin weird. It acts like a turbo. It's the strangest thing Ive ever experienced in a carbed motor. I'd put one on my 250 but to be honest I'm kind of scared. It totally changed the 125 at elevation.

The 250x is neat too after a couple minor mods. I have more fun on the 125 though.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Rained about half the time. Everything wet. Many streams to ride across and a few to jump across.

026A6C9E-FF91-4BDF-98EE-01EA8A8DF5BF.jpeg
BA76206F-73C9-4F76-84E6-216395962790.jpeg
0DE1F9E7-FDC7-454B-AF9A-ADAA4206A7D0.jpeg
3677EDB3-755D-4551-9E0F-B24A542B20CC.jpeg
B97CF576-ACC9-49FE-8A03-212A3A649E98.jpeg

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
This thread is making me sad. It’s rained (and I quote a guy on local radio here ‘for what seems like 7 months’ (actually about 5/6 weeks most days or at least enough not to dry out) and all the trails are quagmires.
Some are ‘OK’ as they drain pretty well but it is cold, windy and most any ride is wet as fuck and will result in absolute mud cakeage.

I will also freely admit to hating getting wet and cold and muddy under any circumstances, and over-riding a wet trail can ruin the hours of work put in by builders and I am using that as an excuse too. The last three days it has pissed down nearly solid. There was a tornado in Auckland somewhere. I am trying to be good and work out my arms and shoulders at least but right now I am drinking beer and eating wings when it should be night riding time.

The end of last winter was really dry and that was actually awesome, 12-15°C (~57°F) and dry is near perfect riding IMO. Maybe I will get a bit luckier.

Also fuck you guys, I just asked Siri what 14°C was in Freedums instead of Fahrenheit.

Last edited: