Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Beautiful day today here at MSA. No tires or rims were harmed, so I'd call it a success.

Girlfriend going for the speed trap award.

Them rox do not let up. Small little rock garden on La Tordue.

We were checking out a bigass rock garden lower down and watched a guy kinda awkwardly ride through it. Found him on the ground on the next ski piste section of trail, he got up in obvious pain clutching his wrist and his calf looked like it got grabbed by his tire.

Obvious language barrier, but he gave thumbs up and refused out help and didn't want us to call bike patrol. Multiple others rolled by the three of us without asking g if everything is good. Dude eventually gave a thumbs up and started to slowly hobble down the hill. One other guy and his kid eventually stopped to ask if he was okay, refusing help again. We watched him for a good ten minutes, just to make sure he was actually good to keep walking. We wanted to help....but can't force it on him eh. In retrospect we should have just called bike patrol after he left and told them about him. Thoughts?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
In retrospect we should have just called bike patrol after he left and told them about him. Thoughts?
When I'm evaluating someone, they don't really get to vote. If it's serious enough that I think I need to get someone to check the person out on site, I'm calling. I ran into a guy that just broke his collar bone within about 500 feet of the end of the trail and he was adamant he was going to get up and walk out, and drive to the ER, except every time he tried to stand, he passed out. Found someone on the trail last year that had a concussion and had been out for anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes. That's an obvious no-go situation and they should be checked out before moving.

On the other hand, if they are able and it appears to be something minor, then yeah, no need.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
When I'm evaluating someone, they don't really get to vote. If it's serious enough that I think I need to get someone to check the person out on site, I'm calling. I ran into a guy that just broke his collar bone within about 500 feet of the end of the trail and he was adamant he was going to get up and walk out, and drive to the ER, except every time he tried to stand, he passed out. Found someone on the trail last year that had a concussion and had been out for anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes. That's an obvious no-go situation and they should be checked out before moving.

On the other hand, if they are able and it appears to be something minor, then yeah, no need.
He was definitely able, just in some obvious pain. He didn't attempt to ride his bike.. just wish he would have taken some help, it's a long rough walk down..

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Rode with some friends yesterday. Came by this newly build pump track /bike park. It will be opened next weekend, so I guess I have to go back.

New_Bikepark.jpg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Whoo... that shit looks SPICY! :thumb:
It was fun. That trail is one of the "xc" trails, but still goes downhill. They rate it a double black, but I didn't find it much more difficult than other trails.

This trail though was spicy. Basically rock gardens, followed by gnarly roots, more rocks and all interspersed with high speed stupid crap going down the ski runs.

At the bottom you start getting into crap like this (pic from last summer). You go barreling into it and get mind fucked the first time, as there is no good way to get through it. :D

Really need to get back here when the gondola is running. The chairlift they use when it's not, is a 360 foot climb up a steep loose dirt road. No beuno.:busted:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Moose Fight Club again, but this time with ~20 meese. All over the place, fighting, locking antlers, etc. I had to change my plans and not ride the trails I wanted to ride. I rode some of the DH trails though and they were a ton of fun, hitting stuff that I normally hit in the summer and still making a lot of the features. It pains me though that other people do not ride high on the berms. They have to just be putzing along is all I can guess. The berms "hold you in" at high speed, whether there's snow or not, so you can just let your speed go and count on the berm not letting you slide. I hate how they tend to get like this when we get more snow, where people just ride down the middle/side...slowly I guess.

IMG_0389.JPG
IMG_0386.JPG
IMG_0385.JPG
IMG_0384.JPG
IMG_0380.JPG
IMG_0376.JPG
IMG_0372.JPG
IMG_0366.JPG

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Crappy morning of lots of rain and dark clouds magically went away as soon as I started biking. :)

Dirt jump dudes have been busy... my bike is between the double on the left, for size reference.