Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
care to decipher?
Clearly you’re not a golfer.

Column 1 Probably just denoting the segment or aid station number.
Column 2 is race/course mile marker
Column 3 looks to be expected time of day arrival
Column 4 is distance from last aid station (segment mileage) / elevation gain / elevation loss

Do I win?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Clearly you’re not a golfer.

Column 1 Probably just denoting the segment or aid station number.
Column 2 is race/course mile marker
Column 3 looks to be expected time of day arrival
Column 4 is distance from last aid station (segment mileage) / elevation gain / elevation loss

Do I win?
90% there. The time column is the cutoff time you need to have reached that point by.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
What's the story?
fun bell to “ding” when you get to it….

the interesting part are the drops of rain. Just drizzly…. Perfect conditions…

semi-legal parental supervision prevented more gratuitous photos… you know. Priorities…

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
With being sick recently, not biking much over the last two weeks, not eating anything this morning etc etc, I probably overdid it today. Oh well, fun ride.

I dropped into the trail off the top of this ski hill and majorly screwed up a big rock/root roll. Have never messed that up before, had to stop and ask myself why I'm riding like an idiot. I blamed it on the heat and headed back to the car...derp

Trails are marbly dry here..

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Is your seat tube the correct size on your Marino? Mine must be 31.8mm at the top and it is an a pain to get a dropper tight in it without making it bind.
No issues there at all.

My issue was that the standard 100mm bottom bracket spaced fat crank would not work without hitting the chain stays. Enough spacers so as not to hit the stays and I would either bind the bearings or there was not enough connection between the arm and the spindle.

I just ended up taking about 3mm of material off the rubbing areas on each arm...

I'm sure it will be just fine…no other issues one ride in. Everything built up smoothly. Pressed and threaded in quite nicely. Brake tabs and housing guides all nice and straight.

I did reach out to marino and said I am going to try that or a 120mm bb spaced crank set up with spacers if need be but if neither of those solutions were going to be workable I would either want a new frame or my money back.

But I wasn't going to go so far as actually demand that unless the frame really does just end up not workable. For $490 shipped to me I am pretty pleased with it so far.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It has more than I could throw at it today. More capable than me, that is for sure! I've never had a bike that handles like this.
As someone who has spent a lot of time an money exploring wheel size combinations and hardtail geometry I am interested to see what the actual geometry is. From my testing I did like the handling of a mullet the best but the difference from a full on 29er wasn't worth the rougher ride from the smaller unsuspended rear.

I am going to guess it has pretty much bog standard angles with some short chain stays and a lowish BB.

Last edited: