Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
This one trail here is much fun. Hero dirt with steep spots. Girlfriend even tackled the steep portions, which was good to see, as she's lost a lot of confidence with her skills after not riding much in the last year for a multitude of reasons.

Here she is part way down one of the steep spots. Relatively easy, just steep, so it's a little intimidating when you haven't ridden anything like that in months. Once she got this one down, the others she just pretty much rolled into.

Only "bad" thing of the day is finding this guy out on one trail, with a Rambo fat ebike, literally ripping out rocks on the trail to "make it a green trail". Ughhh...dude was super nice and older so we just politely chit chatted and took off. But really.... :disgust1:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
This one trail here is much fun. Hero dirt with steep spots. Girlfriend even tackled the steep portions, which was good to see, as she's lost a lot of confidence with her skills after not riding much in the last year for a multitude of reasons.

Here she is part way down one of the steep spots. Relatively easy, just steep, so it's a little intimidating when you haven't ridden anything like that in months. Once she got this one down, the others she just pretty much rolled into.

Only "bad" thing of the day is finding this guy out on one trail, with a Rambo fat ebike, literally ripping out rocks on the trail to "make it a green trail". Ughhh...dude was super nice and older so we just politely chit chatted and took off. But really.... :disgust1:
Amazing. The amount of go-rounds and the associated trail widening I’ve seen in the last 2 years is pretty comical.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL

So which network was that?

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Kill list! :butcher:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Testing out the uber dork logger
Somehow there seems to be a strong trend towards grey bearded men and red-haired children in all of my fellow monkey's pictures. Which monkey race is this? ;)

Last edited:

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Group ride today. Why the fuck did I do that to myself?
IMG_0026.JPG
IMG_0030.JPG
IMG_0034.JPG

A and B groups. With the A group. Towards the end of the ride, we encounter the B guys working on removing a downed tree across a trail bit. It's *maybe* 10" diameter. Dude is going at is with a tiny little shitty folding saw. We all rode over the thing.

Silky Bigboy - accept no substitutes!

This thing gets strapped to my DT after any big storm, and the first month or so in spring. If something needs to be cut and doesn't need a powered saw, don't fuck about with anything else.
(the ride was great - i startede late, and ran across part of B group that had someone endo off a little roller - they were OK - i checked. then busted myself on a big climb (for my locale...) and managed to catch the A group for the rest of the ride)​

Oh fuck. I am so sore right now.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
True story: the landing of the jump in the background of @Da Peach 's pic there, is the same hieght as our hill over here. :rofl:

@mykel you coming to horseshoe anytime? The slalom course should be ready this week...

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
True story: the landing of the jump in the background of @Da Peach 's pic there, is the same hieght as our hill over here. :rofl:

@mykel you coming to horseshoe anytime? The slalom course should be ready this week...
Not sure, I have not been up yet this year. Normally I'm at 4 or 5 by now.
It is just a long drive for a big sand pile.
I always have fun, but kinda frustrated fun...
I do know there is talk about a return to Thunder Sept 9-11...