Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I survived tonight's ride, but it wasn't pretty. Good to see everyone after all the bullcrap recently.

Had to unfortunately turn on the lights for the last little bit :(

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I am not much for paying to ride, but supporting a local shop on its 27th annual ride up and over the volcano was good.

What an assbuster.
IMG-20220915-WA0000.jpg

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Got out with my bro whose bike I helped set up last week. His first serious ride in a long while. He did great. Had a blast.

Top of the first climb, just around the corner from Ikigai looking north over Te Whānganui-a-Tara (Welly harbour).
2FB50332-3E25-4A7E-9E7F-DF4CC72D8E02.jpeg

Top of Carparts (and Windmill) looking eastish over the southern and eastern ‘burbs.
632A675C-E44D-4E83-A07F-0A267CFEC73D.jpeg

I never stop for mid-trail shots… One day.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
been feeling crappy (late nights, too many beers for no reason, and work stuff, methinks) but pushing myself to get legs and lungs back into it. rode a route i've been wanting to do for a while (for @jackalope and @SuboptimusPrime and @AngryMetalsmith highly recommend and if you have more legs than me there's another trail on the orher side of the brp you can do and make a figger 8): newberry creek to snooks nose. super not legal, but you get a 4 mile almost continual dh that drops 3200'. nice mix of flowy and fast, swithcbacks, one or two rocky areas, and some good ol ledgy steep blown out delightfulness. 10/10 would bang again. plus beers and burgers in old fort afterwards.
s00n:

into le other pisgah:

gotta get up to get down. lots of overgrown doubletrack and some decent singletrack climbing

up to the blue ridge parkway. to this overlook and this trail:

went through a cool zone halfway down that had burned recently:

beers and burgers at the end

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
been feeling crappy (late nights, too many beers for no reason, and work stuff, methinks) but pushing myself to get legs and lungs back into it. rode a route i've been wanting to do for a while (for @jackalope and @SuboptimusPrime and @AngryMetalsmith highly recommend and if you have more lefs than me there's another trail on the orher side of the brp you can do and make a figger 8): newberry creek to snooks nose. super not legal, but you get a 4 mile almost continual dh that drops 3200'. nice mix of flowy and fast, swithcbacks, one or two rocky areas, and some good ol ledgy steep blown out delightfulness. 10/10 would bang again. plus beers and burgers in old fort afterwards.
s00n:

into le other pisgah:

gotta get up to get down. lots of overgrown doubletrack and some decent singletrack climbing

up to the blue ridge parkway. to this overlook and this trail:

went through a cool zone halfway down that had burned recently:

beers and burgers at the end

I need to make a trip down there some day.