Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Wifey giving her DH bike some exercise before it has to hibernate.
20221008_160743.jpg

edit: this is just a trail from home we ride on trail bikes all the time, drops 1300ft in 3 miles.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Another day at Bromont. Pissing rain all day, so no lines. But damn was it miserable at the top - zero visibility, blowing wind and freezing cold. Trails started off just wet, but were slowly transitioning into mud in spots. Good times.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ventured onto some harder tech trails with the girlfriend today. She did well, only a few spots did she have to just say nope to. And rode all the stuff that she was nervous about last year.

Also some rock for @jdcamb

Only feedback for Bromont is to stop with flow trails. Yall have enough, let's add some more tech trails, even if they aren't hard one.

Nothing beats the shit out of my hands faster than holed out fast flow trails.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Ventured onto some harder tech trails with the girlfriend today. She did well, only a few spots did she have to just say nope to. And rode all the stuff that she was nervous about last year.

Also some rock for @jdcamb

Only feedback for Bromont is to stop with flow trails. Yall have enough, let's add some more tech trails, even if they aren't hard one.

Nothing beats the shit out of my hands faster than holed out fast flow trails.
You need to explore the backside from P7.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Looks like a fun, chunky section of trail. Nice cornering :)
It's one of the best chunky section of that sector. Wanted to climb to the top of Sugarloaf to access some legit DH trails, but cloudy and 6c at the bottom killed my motivation. Supposed to be warmer tomorrow, we'll see.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
You need to explore the backside from P7.
We did Hummus and La Rotule on Friday, those were fun and yeah something more along those lines is what's needed. Minus the little climb on Hummus. :D La Rotule was a fun trail, but the super tight, steep, rock laden switch back turns at the end were pretty awkward, to me at least.

Didn't get a chance to ride the Mordor/Angmar trails this time :(

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
We did Hummus and La Rotule on Friday, those were fun and yeah something more along those lines is what's needed. Minus the little climb on Hummus. :D La Rotule was a fun trail, but the super tight, steep, rock laden switch back turns at the end were pretty awkward, to me at least.

Didn't get a chance to ride the Mordor/Angmar trails this time :(
There is Cœur de Loup, Baska and Violence gratuite that have nice janky sections.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
It's one of the best chunky section of that sector. Wanted to climb to the top of Sugarloaf to access some legit DH trails, but cloudy and 6c at the bottom killed my motivation. Supposed to be warmer tomorrow, we'll see.
Without the course tape, it will be tough to connect together the higher up trails on Sugarloaf (355 & Crusher). For my money, this time of year, I'd work my way up to the top of Rookie River. Minimal pushing - mostly pedalable.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Devil's Backbone in the background. V1 Ripmo in foreground.

Still can't get that X2 to work properly. Just feels weird when the going gets rough. Any suggestions?

PXL_20221009_190955197.MP.jpg

Morning walk around the 'hood yesterday. "Nightsight" setting on the Pixel. Makes it look like day time. Trust me, it was dark out. Crazy bright full moon. Why can't it focus on the moon?

Yes, those hills is where I ride bikes, you know, the local stuff.

PXL_20221010_122547665.NIGHT.jpg

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Without the course tape, it will be tough to connect together the higher up trails on Sugarloaf (355 & Crusher). For my money, this time of year, I'd work my way up to the top of Rookie River. Minimal pushing - mostly pedalable.
This was the plan. But with all the trailbuilding I've been doing, my energy level is not optimal for tackling that climb this trip. We did the Oak Knoll sector instead. Next time.