Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
You're fucking insane.

I just want you to know that.

In AK, there are perfectly reasonable narcotic and alcohol options but you go spend hours walking sideways on skis......not to ski.....oh no.......but to then go ride a weird bike in a star wars tunnel that you'll keep hitting your wheels on. I don't understand it but I do respect work. Stomp on crazy north man, stomp on......

Could probably even sit down on that track if tires work on it ;)
Initially I didn’t know what I was looking at. Now it’s clear. Wild! :)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You're fucking insane.

I just want you to know that.

In AK, there are perfectly reasonable narcotic and alcohol options but you go spend hours walking sideways on skis......not to ski.....oh no.......but to then go ride a weird bike in a star wars tunnel that you'll keep hitting your wheels on. I don't understand it but I do respect work. Stomp on crazy north man, stomp on......

Could probably even sit down on that track if tires work on it ;)

If they only make some kind of machine designed to operate in snow that would leave a compressed track behind it.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I would eat shit constantly with those walls on the sides of 'trails' :rofl:
That trail was shit, whomever snowshoed it did so with big steps resulting in little compression. The next was good after i passed the guy basically falling his way thru the entire trail. Wide is nice when you can bomb it. Most of the ride was narrow stuff, twisting bars between trees and ducking under others.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
That trail was shit, whomever snowshoed it did so with big steps resulting in little compression. The next was good after i passed the guy basically falling his way thru the entire trail. Wide is nice when you can bomb it. Most of the ride was narrow stuff, twisting bars between trees and ducking under others.
they have any mountians around there you could go skiing on maybe?

any bars?

do you need me to mail you some board games?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Finally some cooler temps down in the single F digits this morning. That firmed the snow way up and it was great to ride! Also nice to be cooler when riding :)
1676929952409.png

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Got out and about.
IMG_20230225_231937.jpg

Last ride I went on my fork felt crap, seemed I'd just been slowly dialing up the compression as I got fatter instead of adding more air.
Went back to three spacers in the shock and it feels better but it does top out a bit, the Mara was a bad choice.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I'm still just blown away how modern skis make mincemeat of ungroomed/natural conditions. Back in the day it was such a struggle on 204cm GS skis and that was the only way to get enough float to turn.