Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Resized_20230303_180240.jpeg

Inaugural ride on the mixed wheel Spitfire was impressive. Before next ride I'll need to crack the wheels open and add stans. After airing them up in the parking lot, both tires were basically flat by the end of an hour of riding.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Freaking outstanding trails today. Cold temps down to zero or slightly -F made for freaking amazing snow surface. Got up to about 27F on the way back home. Good vert and DH.

1677975625102.png

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Trails falling apart in the daytime due to warm temps and sun (car read 48 today)...but ride where it's cold, when it's cold and it's no problem:
1678251760247.png
1678251773634.png

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
48 at the beginning of march seems high for your latitude. You're just now getting into peak dickbag helicopter shuttle season

but what I know, I live in the sunny beach state or some shit
Valdez is another world. They ski there into April and even May a bit. Higher in altitude things never melt out and are glaciated year round. But for the mountains that do melt out, where there's mtb trails and other stuff, that melts out way faster than mountain ranges down south. Turnagain Pass is a great example. The skiing is good there now, it will be for about another month and then it will just collapse...there'll be crazy glides with parts of the mountains sliding away and other shit as it warms, but the snow will go crazy fast. With 16hrs of sunlight getting to around 20 in the middle of summer, snow simply can't exist at the lower altitudes. It's just blasted away and Spring/early summer is our best weather. More rain in late summer.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
With 16hrs of sunlight getting to around 20 in the middle of summer, snow simply can't exist at the lower altitudes. It's just blasted away and Spring/early summer is our best weather. More rain in late summer.
I'm not talking about June I'm talking about right now :rofl:

I know the day to day seasonal changes in length of daylight happen way faster up there. Just seems warm, that's all.