Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Do you have a lot of rattlers in your neck? Can't say I have seen one in Washington.

Mountains were filthy with them in Virginia.
Yeah we see rattlers regularly. They can be small and large. Doesn't matter if it's day or night. My wife saw two on a hike last week. Down along the creek there's some large snakes.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Rode a new to me trail. Not my favorite felt like it was designed by Zac racers but still fun to try something new.
IMG_6636.jpeg

Nice place to stop with wind and sun so no mosquitoes

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Riding in the tinderbox. The rain seems to have had no effect, still dry as fack.

Came across this crap at the far side of one of the forests. Would have been nice if they put the sign up at the start of the trail. Bushwacked through anyways...it was rough.

Anyone know what the green stuff is that they spray on the stumps?

Speaking of logging and in light of all the wild fire stuff going on lately, this is how they leave the forests here, after they've been selectively logged. It's hard to tell in the picture, but this pile is about a foot deep and is where they piled up all the debris - it goes on for kilometers and there's multiple rows of it. Is this how they leave forests in other areas? Granted we don't usually have huge fire threats around here, but anything can happen...

This particular picture is where they logged last year. The piles are bigger on the more fresh cut areas.
When they logged the Pines a few years ago, it looked like a fucking war zone. Piles of slash everywhere, so you are not alone. I kind of had the same feeling. I know habbitat is important, so some should be left, but I figured quite a bit would be chipped. Go figure, but not much new (tree) growth yet except for weeds and a bit of shrub.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
When they logged the Pines a few years ago, it looked like a fucking war zone. Piles of slash everywhere, so you are not alone. I kind of had the same feeling. I know habbitat is important, so some should be left, but I figured quite a bit would be chipped. Go figure, but not much new (tree) growth yet except for weeds and a bit of shrub.
I hate when log around here. There's obvious stuff like cutting trees down and yadda yadda yadda, but it means the year after the trails will be filled with bug infested over growth and shin shredding pokey plants :rofl: :panic:

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I hate when log around here. There's obvious stuff like cutting trees down and yadda yadda yadda, but it means the year after the trails will be filled with bug infested over growth and shin shredding pokey plants :rofl: :panic:
What I like are the stumps. I found myself on the ground wondering how I got here a few weeks ago. Walked back and found a stump hiding in the grass that I clipped with a pedal right at the trails edge. On the plus side a few of the little bastards have been incorporated into the trails and get bonked off of regularly, I guess they are just getting me back. :rofl:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
What I like are the stumps. I found myself on the ground wondering how I got here a few weeks ago. Walked back and found a stump hiding in the grass that I clipped with a pedal right at the trails edge. On the plus side a few of the little bastards have been incorporated into the trails and get bonked off of regularly, I guess they are just getting me back. :rofl:
Ah yes...the stumps that line trails that go through logged pine forests, ya know the forests that were planted in straight rows decades ago, are evil.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Hang ALL the bikes by their droppers! They were doing some kind of bike school or coach school here. We rode way up the local best sustained high speed DH and new trail that has been put in. Good -40% grade fun and old school DH action. Did a few laps there.
IMG_3626.jpeg
IMG_3627.jpeg
IMG_3625.jpeg
IMG_3628.jpeg

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
This bad air and not being able to ride or do physical activity outside is a massive downer to say the least. I only hope this serves as some kind of wakeup call to policy makers.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
This bad air and not being able to ride or do physical activity outside is a massive downer to say the least. I only hope this serves as some kind of wakeup call to policy makers.
The people with air filters and indoor A/C? Just don't go outside! And just don't use fans.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Been an interesting start to summer, we typically get more clear weather and warmer temps, but it's been on and off light showers for weeks, especially in the morning, usually clearing out in the afternoon. Dirt has remained absolutely amazing and conditions just great to ride in shorts and without jackets. Wish my damn bell helmet didn't suddenly thunderstorm sweat, kinda pisses me off, but otherwise new bike working good and hitting some fun lines.

S1OXsbFx8_KxF3gamio-dyeTA9vp4ZsKbTNX8K0_Te0-2048x1536.jpg

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Good to stretch the legs today in “acceptable” air. Unsure if the feeling in my throat/lungs was my eagerness (or lack of shape-ness) or the air. Pretty hazy.

DCD6D492-DA7C-4ADD-AFAC-29BA4B74CA03.jpeg

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
11 miles, 2300ft vert (about 1.5miles of that is pretty flat)

Car is parked 2100ft below just to the top right of the meadow.
2048x1152.jpg

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
First proper dirt of the season.

Short ride (6mi/800' elev) so legs felt fine but bike handling skills need some work...

First flats to shin strike of the season

IMG_20230615_184412627_copy_2000x1125.jpg

This ride even comes with a mobile bong chair overlooking the falls

IMG_20230615_184434867_HDR_copy_2000x1125.jpg

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
1686893479501.png

Went to ride and realized I hadn't fixed my flat, no problem just swap a wheel. Bike has a flip chip for mullet so It gave it a shot. An enthusiastic meh.