Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Boring ride today, still getting over the 'rona so I did a midday ride to avoid the people.
Not sure if it's the change to a Pirelli tire or the carbon rim but the front feels a decent bit smoother which is nice.

-2160448107223154381.jpg

Saw a Wallaby but no snakes.
Seems I've scratched the glass in front of the phone's camera.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
wait, what??
Yep. Finished my big project, made damned sure we got paid, then another opportunity presented itself. Less project-oriented and more operational. Certainly a change of pace… we shall see if it was a good call over the next few months. I’ve done crazier things…

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Yep. Finished my big project, made damned sure we got paid, then another opportunity presented itself. Less project-oriented and more operational. Certainly a change of pace… we shall see if it was a good call over the next few months. I’ve done crazier things…
awesome! when do you start back to work again?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Had a wonderful start to tonight's ride.

But man, some trails are getting zesty, with the fast growing greenery at the trail sides. No more seeing around corners.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Had a wonderful start to tonight's ride.

But man, some trails are getting zesty, with the fast growing greenery at the trail sides. No more seeing around corners.
Poison ivy is lining the trails around here. It's only a matter of time before I fall victim to the tickle cabbage.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
More funemployment. Did some trail work, lost my shakelite Goretex shell.

Moral of the story: DONT DO TRAIL WORK.

Elderkind was willing to go for a jacket hunt shuttle lap.
No luck. But he rode well, so that’s a win.
IMG_7739.jpeg

IMG_7744.jpeg

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Oof, someone got themselves an expensive jacket.

*Didja mean shakedry?
I only carry mine on the roadbike, too worried that snagging anything on the MTB would tear it.
yes, that. Got it 4 years ago for $80 at a BC bike race sale. Seems Gore discontinued it. Fuuuuuuuu

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
yes, that. Got it 4 years ago for $80 at a BC bike race sale. Seems Gore discontinued it. Fuuuuuuuu
That was a bargain. Gore discontinued the material as it was deemed nasty for the environment. I love the size of my 7 Mesh one for the road.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
That was a bargain. Gore discontinued the material as it was deemed nasty for the environment. I love the size of my 7 Mesh one for the road.
lots of local bros sell their 7Mesh stuff. Handy source of good gear.

First my non-iron shirts, then my shakedry… the environment collapsing is really starting to cramp my style…

sundaydoug

Monkey
Jun 8, 2009
Eastern painted, probably female.
I thought about moving him/her off trail but thought better of it and didn't interfere. Plus I didn't see a better spot. If it was a road or something I totally would have. Are you supposed to move turtles off trail or just let them be? Serious question.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001

First my non-iron shirts, then my shakedry… the environment collapsing is really starting to cramp my style…
They sell non-iron (or close to it) dress shirts that are 100% cotton if you can believe it. Picked up an Eaton a couple of years ago and it has been impressive on the few occasions that I’ve worn it.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

If you need a new jacket..

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
This morning, I seem to have made someone’s day. I stopped at the light and went into my usual track stand while waiting for the light to turn. The guy crossing a few meters in front of me pointed and said, “would you look at the balancing on this guy, that’s impressive!” I smiled and thanked him. My son is 9 but not far behind on the track standing. That is impressive.

IMG_1290.jpeg