Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
How much fun is riding XC with Enduro tyres?!
I enjoy pedalling through corners, hearing both tyres pushing and your pedal's pretty much in the dirt, low BBs are not for me.
View attachment 218405

And I saw a spotted Pardalote, never seen one of them up close.
so what is/was the issue with this frame? i must have missed what happened/why you don't like it. too low bb or something else?
just being nosy. it *looks* nice.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
so what is/was the issue with this frame? i must have missed what happened/why you don't like it. too low bb or something else?
just being nosy. it *looks* nice.
Super flexy in the front and there's rust/wrinkles in the paint at the top tube brace.
It's a small diameter bracing tube so it's welded to the weakest part of the top tube, should be plates on the sides or near a full size bracing tube.
Some heavy gauge DT and TT probably would have been good enough.

It's a shame, because 110mm rear travel and a 64deg HA is a lot of fun.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Super flexy in the front and there's rust/wrinkles in the paint at the top tube brace.
It's a small diameter bracing tube so it's welded to the weakest part of the top tube, should be plates on the sides or near a full size bracing tube.
Some heavy gauge DT and TT probably would have been good enough.

It's a shame, because 110mm rear travel and a 64deg HA is a lot of fun.
gotcha.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Discovery day two. Lots of ragged downhills. Brakes dragging the tiniest bit after extended downs. Any thoughts on what’s happening there? Haven’t experienced that to date really, then again most downhills where I’ve ridden previously don’t have anywhere near the braking.

IMG_3763.jpeg
IMG_3764.jpeg
IMG_3770.jpeg
IMG_3772.jpeg
IMG_3774.jpeg
IMG_3777.jpeg
IMG_3778.jpeg
IMG_3779.jpeg

Last edited:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Discovery day three. Was less fruitful, but I did find one amazing trail. Had no legs today but thanks to misadventure ended up doing more elevation than yesterday. Rest day coming up.

IMG_3793.jpeg
IMG_3796.jpeg
IMG_3799.jpeg
IMG_3802.jpeg
IMG_3808.jpeg
IMG_3819.jpeg
IMG_3824.jpeg
IMG_3826.jpeg
IMG_3833.jpeg

sundaydoug

Monkey
Jun 8, 2009
Brakes dragging the tiniest bit after extended downs. Any thoughts on what’s happening there? Haven’t experienced that to date really, then again most downhills where I’ve ridden previously don’t have anywhere near the braking.
I'm guessing it's heat-related. Does the lever also get spongey when the brakes drag? If so maybe you have some air in the lines that needs to be bled out. Might not notice it if you're not doing heavy extended braking, but with bigger, longer downhills maybe the fluid is getting hot enough to expand the little bit of air in there and make everything feel tight.

Just a guess...

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I'm guessing it's heat-related. Does the lever also get spongey when the brakes drag? If so maybe you have some air in the lines that needs to be bled out. Might not notice it if you're not doing heavy extended braking, but with bigger, longer downhills maybe the fluid is getting hot enough to expand the little bit of air in there and make everything feel tight.

Just a guess...
Will see how it feels tomorrow. Thanks!

Just a guess...
or expansion of rotor thickness...

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Did some fairly ragged dhs today with lots of braking. Didn’t feel particulatly spongy afterwards, and the rubbing only lasted about 30s. Going to ignore it for now. My hands on the other hand :) pain! :)

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Two rides today, seems I am down to 3" of useable suspension until I get a shaft clamp.
I changed every seal in the air spring but one, so it must be bypassing on the shaft seal.
IMG_20240921_115624.jpg

I'd still run it over a Z1.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Two rides today, seems I am down to 3" of useable suspension until I get a shaft clamp.
I changed every seal in the air spring but one, so it must be bypassing on the shaft seal.
View attachment 218752
I'd still run it over a Z1.
It's the seal at the end of the stanchion where the air spring shaft passes through. My Mastodon does it about 1x a season. You also need a special 3/4 or so cassette tool, with a cut-out for the shaft to pass through. Dougal recommends an upsized 3mm seal from the OEM, which I'm having him send.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Used the new Optic to race the 2024 Momar this weekend in Cumberland.

Miraculously, I finished.
IMG_1084.jpeg

IMG_1097.jpeg

IMG_1098.png

I think my elevation figures are messed up.
My knees cannot handle running…